You are not logged in.

#1 2016-07-03 22:02

cpcnw
Website

Raspberry PI Specific Forum Subsection

Hi All,

Just got Q4OS installed on my Raspi3 and so far its going very well. The only minor tick is that following a reboot the onboard wifi does not auto connect [I have to prompt it] - it's no big deal though.

I was thinking that Q4OS should be one of the distros availbe to Noobs users https://www.raspberrypi.org/blog/introducing-noobs/

I did a forum search here and I think there where 14 hits containing the word 'raspberry'

I think it would be a good idea to have a Raspbery Pi specific subsection for the forum, then try and get some exposure with the Raspberry Pi folks!

I am heading over to the Raspi forums now just to tell people that there is an image available and that its working nicely!

yikes)

We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.

#2 2016-07-03 22:57

q4osteam
Q4OS Team
Website

Re: Raspberry PI Specific Forum Subsection

Interesting ideas, we will take a look.

cpcnw wrote:

I am heading over to the Raspi forums now just to tell people that there is an image available ...

Thanks for that, we would definitely need a publicity.

#3 2016-07-04 09:08

cpcnw
Website

Hi - maybe this should be the "Raspberry Pi Thread" ?

Anyway, without installing Synaptic [and all of the deps]

What are the minimum packages I need to get printing working with cups on the Pi?

Thanks!

ps  I did a 'sudo apt-cache search cups' and got a huge list!!!

Last edited by cpcnw (2016-07-04 09:09)

We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.

#4 2016-07-04 09:11

q4osteam
Q4OS Team
Website

cpcnw wrote:

What are the minimum packages I need to get printing working with cups on the Pi?

These common instructions from Q4OS documentation should be correct for RPI as well:
http://www.q4os.org/dqa007.html#printer

Board footer