You are not logged in.

#1 2019-07-24 17:08

Jaerrib

Waterleaf icon theme

For those who are unaware, the Waterleaf icon theme has replaced Paper-Q4OS in Centaurus. It is a direct fork of that theme but is now being maintained as an additional project. The files are hosted on Github. After some discussion with the Q4OS team, I will be maintaining two branches, a development branch, where initial changes will be made and tested, and a stable branch, which will be used for packaging. The latter will be what Centaurus uses for its updates.

One of the reasons the icon theme was moved to an external project was to welcome contributors other than myself to work on it. The primary goal is to fill in the gaps that currently exist when using the theme with Trinity, but other desktops will continue to be supported as well. Please consider this an open invitation to contribute! If you or another user has suggestions, bugs reports, etc. or just want to help out, please let me know here or via Github.

#2 2019-07-30 08:32

q4osteam
Q4OS Team
Website

Re: Waterleaf icon theme

Would you add our team "q4osteam" as a GitHub collaborator to the development branch, please. We are going to push some updates.

#3 2019-07-30 23:37

Jaerrib

q4osteam wrote:

Would you add our team "q4osteam" as a GitHub collaborator to the development branch, please. We are going to push some updates.

Added! Thanks in advance for the help smile

#4 2019-08-01 11:21

q4osteam
Q4OS Team
Website

It looks the access is still disabled, see attachment ?

Attachments:
png ghpush.png, Size: 25.91 KiB, Downloads: 18

#5 2019-08-01 23:50

Jaerrib

I'm new to adding collaborators on Github. The attached screenshot is what I see when I go into the settings. Am I missing something? Here's the invite link that should have come through: https://github.com/jaerrib/waterleaf-ic … nvitations

Attachments:
png github_collaborators.png, Size: 49.92 KiB, Downloads: 11

#6 2019-08-02 09:23

q4osteam
Q4OS Team
Website

We were able to accept invitation using the link provided. Thanks.

#7 2019-08-04 15:46

Jaerrib

I merged the various changes since adding the development branch. I'll publish the release later today. The stable release is available here.

On a side note, it appears that the Papirus icon theme is adding support for TDE. Check out the notes on their recent release.

Last edited by Jaerrib (2019-08-04 16:51)

#8 2019-08-06 02:28

Jaerrib

Jaerrib wrote:

On a side note, it appears that the Papirus icon theme is adding support for TDE. Check out the notes on their recent release.

Here's a link to the issue tracker which highlights some of the commits already made on their repo. I'm mentioning this primarily because, aside from the folder color differences, I wonder if I'm duplicating the work of a larger project. Would it be worth trying to submit TDE specific icons to the Papirus project versus maintaining the current one?

#9 2019-08-06 07:37

q4osteam
Q4OS Team
Website

Yes, the Papirus project could adopt most of TDE icons from Waterleaf, so it would be worth trying anyway. However, from our point of view, the Waterleaf icons integrates better with the Debonaire theme, and apart from that, they are much more tested out then the Papirus icons in TDE. So we would prefer continue to work on Waterleaf definitely, while sharing as much as possible with Papirus. Oppositely, we can receive as much as possible TDE icons from Papirus.

#10 2019-08-07 02:39

Jaerrib

q4osteam wrote:

Yes, the Papirus project could adopt most of TDE icons from Waterleaf, so it would be worth trying anyway. However, from our point of view, the Waterleaf icons integrates better with the Debonaire theme, and apart from that, they are much more tested out then the Papirus icons in TDE. So we would prefer continue to work on Waterleaf definitely, while sharing as much as possible with Papirus. Oppositely, we can receive as much as possible TDE icons from Papirus.

Thanks. I appreciate the input. I didn't want to feel that I was wasting effort. I'll keep an eye on the TDE related development over on the Papirus project. I'm not opposed to incorporating some of their work. They may actually save me some time by addressing some of the issues we've observed more quickly than I could just due to having more contributors. From the standpoint of integration, the color pallet of their icons could be adjusted to match the Paper theme. Papirus tends to be more Material design compared with the softer overall look of Paper.

Board footer