You are not logged in.

#1 2015-12-21 15:43

Rademes

File permissions

Good day!
I have changed file permissions using command sudo chmod 400 unrar_man.txt
In Linux Mint after such manipulation I could not delete file or move it to recycle bin. I often used this to protect important files from accidental deletion.
I assume that permission Read should allow only to read contents of file but not write, modify, delete or change its contents another way. Does Konqueror behaves differently?

Attachments:
jpg only_read1.jpg, Size: 60.32 KiB, Downloads: 708

Before asking for help please read this topic: https://www.q4os.org/forum/viewtopic.php?id=3502   If you have problems with WiFi network, try to install the Network Manager using Q4OS Software Centre.

#2 2015-12-21 17:52

q4osteam
Q4OS Team
Website

Re: File permissions

Yes, konqueror file manager behaves differently, it will remove such file the same way as 'rm' command. Write access is disabled. The default remove action is to move the file to trash bin.

#3 2016-01-28 09:58

bobby
Website

While converting  a bash script using shc  the output files *.x.c & *.x are both set to root:root  in $HOME/Documents/folder

I can change owner in terminal to bobby:bobby but, TDE still says its root:root and will not execute the binary *.sh.x until I rebooted.

?? Is this normal where permissions are not updated in TDE until reboot (or new session ?)

Thanks,

Bobby

No Longer Using Q4OS

#4 2016-01-28 10:20

bobby
Website

I have also seen this below error when running shell scripts & binary executable files using  shortcuts I create on Q4OS Desktop.

Only in i386 and NOT x64 Q4OS.

TQSettings:: sync: failed to open '/etc/tqt3/tqt_plugins_3.5rc.tmp' for writing

shows up 4 times in each time I see it in Terminal

No Longer Using Q4OS

#5 2016-01-28 10:42

q4osteam
Q4OS Team
Website

bobby wrote:

While converting  a bash script using shc  the output files *.x.c & *.x are both set to root:root  in $HOME/Documents/folder

I can change owner in terminal to bobby:bobby but, TDE still says its root:root and will not execute the binary *.sh.x until I rebooted.

?? Is this normal where permissions are not updated in TDE until reboot (or new session ?)

Reproduced, it's Trinity bug. Konqueror file manager caches file's properties and they are not updated even on 'refresh' F5 key action. You can report it https://bugs.trinitydesktop.org

bobby wrote:

Yes, this is very probably Trinity minor bug, that is known. We have investigated it in the past with conclusion, that you can safely ignore it, as this is just a message when TDE searches config files to use. This is surely not related to the glitch you reported above.

#6 2016-01-28 21:57

bobby
Website

@Q4OS Team,  Thank you for quick reply.  I will report @ Trinity Desktop bug report.

No Longer Using Q4OS

#7 2016-01-29 00:09

bobby
Website

bobby wrote:

Thanks,

Bobby

Its been a rough 2 days roll   

I was creating my own problems by doing this:

sudo shc -f file.sh

When I should of been doing this !

shc -f file.sh

The use of sudo in creating directories and files resulted with them being owned by root.

Oh My as I feel so roll but, it did come to me that it was sudo (Dang Sudo) smile

No Longer Using Q4OS

Board footer