You are not logged in.

#1 2021-06-27 14:08

jaap

Office suites as Favorites

Dear ALL,

I have recently installed Q4OS. In these few days, I learned a lot. I have also been liking Q4OS each step forward.

But there is one simple thing I was not able either to do by myself roll, nor find some instruction tongue.

How to include Office suites as "Favorites" on Start menu?

I have both Libre and KOT installed. None of them accept such config.

Thanks in advance for any help you may offer me.

JAAP cool

Sapere aude.

#2 2021-06-27 18:44

hchiper

Re: Office suites as Favorites

Here is how I do that with Plasma:
- if you can find the program shortcut in the menu hierarchy, right-click on it and select the option to add it to the favorites;
- otherwise right-click on the menu and choose the option to edit the applications.

Q4OS machines: [Samsung R519 - Pentium T4200 2.0 GHz - 4 GB RAM - 500 GB SSD] & [Sony Vaio - Pentium P6000 1.87 GHz - 8 GB RAM - 500 GB SSD]

#3 2021-06-27 22:10

jaap

Hi!

My choice of DE is Trinity, not Plasma.

hchiper wrote:

Here is how I do that with Plasma:

- if you can find the program shortcut in the menu hierarchy, right-click on it and select the option to add it to the favorites;

JAAP> It does not work. I can find the shortcut, but by right-clicking on it I got the option "Add to Favorites" not accepting to be selected (grey and locked).

- otherwise right-click on the menu and choose the option to edit the applications.

JAAP> By selecting the Menu edition I have no option to configure one specific app to "Favorites", neither access to "Otional Menus" selection box (also, grey and locked).

So, thanks for the sugestions but they are not working for me.

Sapere aude.

#4 2021-06-27 23:12

q4osteam
Q4OS Team
Website

Just click with right mouse button on a desired application in the menu and add it to favorites
qg0040.png

#5 2021-06-28 11:34

jaap

q4osteam wrote:

Just click with right mouse button on a desired application in the menu and add it to favorites

Hi, Q4OS Team! Thanks!

As said in my answer to hchiper:

hchiper> if you can find the program shortcut in the menu hierarchy, right-click on it and select the option to add it to the favorites;

JAAP> It does not work. I can find the shortcut, but by right-clicking on it I got the option "Add to Favorites" not accepting to be selected (grey and locked).

For OTHER programs/applications, such option is working well, I mean, I can right click and add to favorites effectively.

But it is BLOCKED for Offices (the suites) and also each one of its components (text, spreadsheets, etc.).

Sapere aude.

#6 2021-06-28 12:30

q4osteam
Q4OS Team
Website

We are not able to reproduce the issue, LibreOffice can be added to favorites as well as other shortcuts from start menu. Please post more detailed information about your system, see https://www.q4os.org/forum/viewtopic.php?id=3502 . A screenshot would be most helpful too.

qg0041.png
qg0042.png

#7 2021-06-28 21:29

jaap

q4osteam wrote:

We are not able to reproduce the issue, LibreOffice can be added to favorites as well as other shortcuts from start menu. Please post more detailed information about your system, see. A screenshot would be most helpful too.

Follows a 3 screen picture: (a) left is Libre Office, blocked; (b) center is KOT, blocked; (c) right is VLC, OK.

Attachments:
png Screen_3apps.png, Size: 148.53 KiB, Downloads: 290

Sapere aude.

Board footer