You are not logged in.

#1 2021-04-23 14:59

fernandohahn

Q4OS not updating or installing packages

Hi, Team.

I have Q4OS installed in my ancient (2012) Dell Vostro 260 (PDC, 2GB).

Ever since I've installed other OSes alongside Q4 (Ubunto Mate, Lubuntu, AntiX), it doesn't update anymore and always show an error message to the sudo apt-get update command, with a lot of URLs, that I wasn't allowed to post here, allf of them with the 404 error.

It gets the same error message when I try to update through the Update tool.

Am I doing something wrong?

#2 2021-04-23 19:50

aluma

Re: Q4OS not updating or installing packages

Many unknowns to give an exact answer.
According to the above, it looks like this, apt, through the wget command, tries to get information from the repositories registered in the files of the / etc / apt folder.
Receives an error.
Conclusion - in the https://www.q4os.org/forum/viewtopic.php?id=3533 branch you will find commands for checking wget (in q4osteam posts), and you can see the correctness of the repository addresses in any text editor.

#3 2021-04-24 13:53

Rademes

Good day!
Please run in terminal these command sequence, and post output here as text file:

inxi -Fz && ping -c 20 q4os.org && cat /etc/apt/sources.list.d/10_q4os.list && cat /etc/apt/sources.list.d/12_qtde.list && cat /etc/apt/sources.list.d/20_debian.list && cat /etc/apt/sources.list.d/30_debian_backports.list

This will give us system information, checks your internet connection and shows your repository files.
Normally, the second command should return the output from attachment.

Last edited by Rademes (2021-04-24 14:03)

Attachments:
png PingTest.png, Size: 31.58 KiB, Downloads: 306

Before asking for help please read this topic: https://www.q4os.org/forum/viewtopic.php?id=3502   If you have problems with WiFi network, try to install the Network Manager using Q4OS Software Centre.

#4 2021-04-24 16:15

aluma

Hi Rademes

As I understand it, the Internet connection itself is present (according to the first post smile ), but there may be options. A colleague whose branch I referred to was not work with the ftp protocol. Therefore, the ping may not show the problem.
regards

PS.  inxi in my q4os 2.7 needs to be installed manually. By default, even with a full installation, it is not there. And if apt is not working ...

Last edited by aluma (2021-04-24 16:28)

#5 2021-04-24 23:53

fernandohahn

Rademes wrote:

Good day!
Please run in terminal these command sequence, and post output here as text file:

inxi -Fz && ping -c 20 q4os.org && cat /etc/apt/sources.list.d/10_q4os.list && cat /etc/apt/sources.list.d/12_qtde.list && cat /etc/apt/sources.list.d/20_debian.list && cat /etc/apt/sources.list.d/30_debian_backports.list

This will give us system information, checks your internet connection and shows your repository files.
Normally, the second command should return the output from attachment.

bash: inxi: comando não encontrado

(command not found, in english)

#6 2021-04-25 08:02

aluma

fernandohahn wrote:

... sudo apt-get update command, with a lot of URLs, that I wasn't allowed to post here, allf of them with the 404 erd...

URL, which the apt requests are indicated in  these files.
You may have a different version of debian and Q4os.
But are they correct?

Last edited by aluma (2021-04-25 08:05)

Attachments:
jpg снимок41.jpg, Size: 152.79 KiB, Downloads: 282

#7 2021-04-25 19:03

Tolkem

fernandohahn wrote:

Hi, Team.

I have Q4OS installed in my ancient (2012) Dell Vostro 260 (PDC, 2GB).

Ever since I've installed other OSes alongside Q4 (Ubunto Mate, Lubuntu, AntiX), it doesn't update anymore and always show an error message to the sudo apt-get update command, with a lot of URLs, that I wasn't allowed to post here, allf of them with the 404 error.

It gets the same error message when I try to update through the Update tool.

Am I doing something wrong?

How did you install those alongside Q4OS? Do you use a separate /home for each or are they all sharing the same /home? Can you take and post a screenshot of the partitions' layout here?  To post a screenshot:
1. Take the screenshot and save it in your pc.
2. Click in the attachment button, locate the screenshot in your pc and upload it. Alternatively, you can use some service like imgur to do that too https://imgur.com/. Though it might be easier just to use the attachment button.

Board footer