You are not logged in.

#1 2017-11-02 12:59

UK_Squiff

Hmmm...Problem

Hi Guys/Gals.

Got a problem booting. Little bit of background:

I installed Q4OS as a dual boot with Windows 7 64...all went great...got to the desktop..and was advised to install Nvidia driver, which I did. Nipped to the shop to buy a bottle of wine (thank god!) and on my return, there was a large clock on my screen...assumed it was a screensaver..so moved the mouse...hit a few keys...still there......Ctrl-Alt-Del....nothing.

So, did a hard reset...selected Q4OS...and started booting...came up with following:

0.807679 end kernel-panic-not syncing VFS Unable to mount rootfs on unknown block (0,0)

And that's as far as i get. Boots into Windows ok..but wondered if I need to reinstall?

Any help gratefully recieved

#2 2017-11-02 13:24

q4osteam
Q4OS Team
Website

Re: Hmmm...Problem

Which type of installation did you proceed ? Did you use Q4OS windows installer exe, or regular installation from Q4OS media with manual partitioning ?

If you have used exe installer, the easiest way would be run it from Windows to completely uninstall Q4OS, and then re-run installer to perform a new installation.

#3 2017-11-02 16:09

UK_Squiff

Re: Hmmm...Problem

Hello..yes, I used the Windows installer exe. I shall do as you suggest, and post back results. Many Thanks smile

Board footer