You are not logged in.

#1 2017-09-24 07:42

orionH
Website

Start appimages by clicking on them ?

Howdy folks.
Was downloading Krita appimage earlier,and after making it executable as they suggest (chmod a+x) , I cannot run it by just clicking on it,from the desktop,like I used to do in other DEs . When I click on it, it opens that window to choose an app to open with.

Launching it from terminal works though.
How do I make trinity to comply with my wish to just click on appimage ?
Thanks

#2 2017-09-24 09:41

q4osteam
Q4OS Team
Website

Re: Start appimages by clicking on them ?

orionH wrote:

... after making it executable as they suggest (chmod a+x) , I cannot run it by just clicking on it

You may only need to login again to refresh executable permission and try to open the desktop link again.

Where did you download the Krita installer from ?

Anyway, much better and recommended way is to install Krita from repositories using package manager or terminal command:
$ sudo apt-get install krita

#3 2017-09-24 09:50

orionH
Website

Re: Start appimages by clicking on them ?

q4osteam wrote:
orionH wrote:

... after making it executable as they suggest (chmod a+x) , I cannot run it by just clicking on it

You may only need to login again to refresh executable permission and try to open the desktop link again.

Where did you download the Krita installer from ?

Anyway, much better and recommended way is to install Krita from repositories using package manager or terminal command:
$ sudo apt-get install krita

It's not a link,but the appimage itself that I copied on the desktop . After a reboot ,it still doesnt start.
The appmage (not an installer per se) is from official Krita webpage ,krita.org, its  the 64bit appimage format .
I know I can install repo krita, but its an old version,and it drags lots of KDE libs as dependency .I just dont like that big_smile .
Thanks !

Board footer