You are not logged in.

#1 2017-09-09 14:31

fasn
Member
Registered: 2017-09-09
Posts: 19

" xvideo no adpaptor"

there my hard setup:

intel G4560 , in-cpu video .

            first open VLC  ,output error:

pulse audio output error: PulseAudio server connection failure: Connection refused

             after open a .mp4 video,VLC flash quit. out put error:

xcb_xv vout display error: no available XVideo adaptor


i didn't wanna reinstall another distro for my linux life,so i decide to register here for a tec support. thank you.

Last edited by fasn (2017-09-09 16:49)

Offline

#2 2017-09-09 17:59

Dai_trying
Member
From: UK
Registered: 2015-12-14
Posts: 1,726
Website

Re: " xvideo no adpaptor"

Hi fasn, and welcome to the forum, first we would need to know a little more information about your system, if you could install the program "inxi"

sudo apt-get install inxi

and then post the output of

inxi -F

then we would be able to offer some advice.

Offline

#3 2017-09-09 20:07

fasn
Member
Registered: 2017-09-09
Posts: 19

Re: " xvideo no adpaptor"

Dai_trying wrote:

Hi fasn, and welcome to the forum, first we would need to know a little more information about your system, if you could install the program "inxi"

sudo apt-get install inxi

and then post the output of

inxi -F

then we would be able to offer some advice.

thanks for your support. the out below:


System:    Host: q4os-desktop Kernel: 3.16.0-4-amd64 x86_64 (64 bit)
           Desktop: KDE 3 Distro: Debian GNU/Linux 8
Machine:   Mobo: MSI model: H110M PRO-VD (MS-7996) v: 1.0
           Bios: American Megatrends v: 2.D0 date: 07/21/2017
CPU:       Dual core Intel Pentium G4560 (-HT-MCP-) cache: 3072 KB
           Clock Speeds: 1: 800 MHz 2: 800 MHz 3: 2800 MHz 4: 800 MHz
Graphics:  Card: Intel Device 5902
           Display Server: X.Org 1.16.4 drivers: fbdev,vesa
           Resolution: 1440x900@0.00hz
           GLX Renderer: Gallium 0.4 on llvmpipe (LLVM 3.5, 128 bits)
           GLX Version: 3.0 Mesa 10.3.2
Audio:     Card Intel Device a170 driver: snd_hda_intel
           Sound: Advanced Linux Sound Architecture v: k3.16.0-4-amd64
Network:   Card: Realtek RTL8111/8168/8411 PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet Controller
           driver: r8169
           IF: eth0 state: up speed: 100 Mbps duplex: full
           mac: 4c:cc:6a:cd:16:4c
Drives:    HDD Total Size: 184.1GB (4.2% used)
           ID-1: /dev/sda model: KINGSTON_SUV400S size: 120.0GB
           ID-2: /dev/sdb model: ADATA_SP600 size: 64.0GB
Partition: ID-1: / size: 57G used: 4.9G (10%) fs: ext4 dev: /dev/sdb1
           ID-2: swap-1 size: 2.64GB used: 0.00GB (0%) fs: swap dev: /dev/sdb5
Sensors:   System Temperatures: cpu: 29.8C mobo: 27.8C
           Fan Speeds (in rpm): cpu: N/A
Info:      Processes: 168 Uptime: 1:16 Memory: 854.9/7896.0MB
           Client: Shell (bash) inxi: 2.1.28

Offline

#4 2017-09-09 20:21

Dai_trying
Member
From: UK
Registered: 2015-12-14
Posts: 1,726
Website

Re: " xvideo no adpaptor"

Ok, first thing we need to do is get you some video drivers, I would imagine the intel driver would have been installed during the set-up so I'm thinking you will need the backport driver which can be installed using

sudo apt-get -t jessie-backports install xserver-xorg-video-intel

After this you will need to reboot and then post the output of

inxi -G

Offline

#5 2017-09-10 00:53

fasn
Member
Registered: 2017-09-09
Posts: 19

Re: " xvideo no adpaptor"

Dai_trying wrote:

Ok, first thing we need to do is get you some video drivers, I would imagine the intel driver would have been installed during the set-up so I'm thinking you will need the backport driver which can be installed using

sudo apt-get -t jessie-backports install xserver-xorg-video-intel

After this you will need to reboot and then post the output of

inxi -G

all right. after that my output is this:

qie@q4os-desktop:~$ inxi -G
Graphics:  Card: Intel Device 5902
           Display Server: X.Org 1.16.4 drivers: fbdev,vesa,intel
           Resolution: 1440x900@0.00hz
           GLX Renderer: Gallium 0.4 on llvmpipe (LLVM 3.5, 128 bits)
           GLX Version: 3.0 Mesa 10.3.2

Last edited by fasn (2017-09-10 00:53)

Offline

#6 2017-09-10 09:15

Dai_trying
Member
From: UK
Registered: 2015-12-14
Posts: 1,726
Website

Re: " xvideo no adpaptor"

OK, we need to use the backported kernel too, the easiest way to do this is to run the Q4OS script to install it.

qinst-kernel-bpo

And should you encounter any problems booting into your system after installation the old (3.16) kernel is still available to boot into using grubs "Advanced entries for..."

And again please post the output of

inxi -F

Last edited by Dai_trying (2017-09-10 09:16)

Offline

#7 2017-09-10 11:01

fasn
Member
Registered: 2017-09-09
Posts: 19

Re: " xvideo no adpaptor"

ok after install then reboot. then out put :

System:    Host: q4os-desktop Kernel: 4.9.0-0.bpo.3-amd64 x86_64 (64 bit)
           Desktop: KDE 3 Distro: Debian GNU/Linux 8
Machine:   Mobo: MSI model: H110M PRO-VD (MS-7996) v: 1.0
           Bios: American Megatrends v: 2.D0 date: 07/21/2017
CPU:       Dual core Intel Pentium G4560 (-HT-MCP-) cache: 3072 KB
           Clock Speeds: 1: 799 MHz 2: 799 MHz 3: 799 MHz 4: 799 MHz
Graphics:  Card: Intel Device 5902
           Display Server: X.Org 1.16.4 drivers: intel (unloaded: fbdev,vesa)
           Resolution: 1440x900@59.89hz
           GLX Renderer: Gallium 0.4 on llvmpipe (LLVM 3.5, 128 bits)
           GLX Version: 3.0 Mesa 10.3.2
Audio:     Card Intel Device a170 driver: snd_hda_intel
           Sound: Advanced Linux Sound Architecture v: k4.9.0-0.bpo.3-amd64
Network:   Card: Realtek RTL8111/8168/8411 PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet Controller
           driver: r8169
           IF: eth0 state: up speed: 100 Mbps duplex: full
           mac: 4c:cc:6a:cd:16:4c
Drives:    HDD Total Size: 184.1GB (4.5% used)
           ID-1: /dev/sda model: KINGSTON_SUV400S size: 120.0GB
           ID-2: /dev/sdb model: ADATA_SP600 size: 64.0GB
Partition: ID-1: / size: 57G used: 5.4G (10%) fs: ext4 dev: /dev/sdb1
           ID-2: swap-1 size: 2.64GB used: 0.00GB (0%) fs: swap dev: /dev/sdb5
Sensors:   System Temperatures: cpu: 54.0C mobo: 27.8C
           Fan Speeds (in rpm): cpu: N/A
Info:      Processes: 197 Uptime: 1 min Memory: 1029.0/7880.1MB
           Client: Shell (bash) inxi: 2.1.28

Offline

#8 2017-09-10 16:24

Dai_trying
Member
From: UK
Registered: 2015-12-14
Posts: 1,726
Website

Re: " xvideo no adpaptor"

check if you have intel-microcode installed,

apt-cache policy intel-microcode

if not install it

sudo apt-get install intel-microcode

If it is already installed you may need to download the updated microcode from the intel website download it and folow the instructions in the releasenote file, this should update the cpu/graphics definitions and allow the card to be detected properly.
reboot after it is done and post output of inxi -G

Offline

#9 2017-09-10 23:49

fasn
Member
Registered: 2017-09-09
Posts: 19

Re: " xvideo no adpaptor"

Dai_trying wrote:

check if you have intel-microcode installed,

apt-cache policy intel-microcode

if not install it

sudo apt-get install intel-microcode

If it is already installed you may need to download the updated microcode from the intel website download it and folow the instructions in the releasenote file, this should update the cpu/graphics definitions and allow the card to be detected properly.
reboot after it is done and post output of inxi -G


i'd remember that i had install the microcode some days ago

intel-microcode:
  已安装:  3.20170707.1~deb8u1
  候选软件包:3.20170707.1~deb8u1
  版本列表:
*** 3.20170707.1~deb8u1 0
        500 http://ftp.debian.org/debian/ jessie/non-free amd64 Packages
        100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
     3.20170511.1~bpo8+1 0
        100 http://ftp.debian.org/debian/ jessie-backports/non-free amd64 Packages


should i directly post the inxi -G below? :

Graphics:  Card: Intel Device 5902
           Display Server: X.Org 1.16.4 drivers: intel (unloaded: fbdev,vesa)
           Resolution: 1440x900@59.89hz
           GLX Renderer: Gallium 0.4 on llvmpipe (LLVM 3.5, 128 bits)
           GLX Version: 3.0 Mesa 10.3.2

Offline

#10 2017-09-11 00:17

Dai_trying
Member
From: UK
Registered: 2015-12-14
Posts: 1,726
Website

Re: " xvideo no adpaptor"

I'm thinking at this point that your graphics are not yet supported... You could try the latest Scorpion live-cd and see if that picks up your card correctly, I know the devs have been putting in some work to get it ready to become the stable version so it might work better. The Scorpion iso can be downloaded from the Scorpion download page
I have just done a fresh install of Orion on my newest laptop (intel graphics) and it picks up my graphics ok after adding just the kernel and intel xserver packages from backports, so I would guess your machine is newer (or has newer graphics chip at least).

Try Scorpion and see if that works ok and if it does you can either install it onto your machine, or install inxi into the live session and post the output of inxi -G and it might let give us some more information.

Offline

#11 2017-09-11 00:39

crosscourt
Member
From: Wash DC
Registered: 2017-05-07
Posts: 959

Re: " xvideo no adpaptor"

Youll need a much newer kernel to have any chance of supporting the G4560 KabyLake.  I believe KabyLake support began with the 4.5 kernel or newer.


Q4OS Techogeezer  running Dell Optiplex 7010 MT- i5 3570 3.4ghz, 8gb ram, 500gb hard drive, Geforce GTX 1050 Ti

Offline

#12 2017-09-11 06:44

fasn
Member
Registered: 2017-09-09
Posts: 19

Re: " xvideo no adpaptor"

Dai_trying wrote:

I'm thinking at this point that your graphics are not yet supported... You could try the latest Scorpion live-cd and see if that picks up your card correctly, I know the devs have been putting in some work to get it ready to become the stable version so it might work better. The Scorpion iso can be downloaded from the Scorpion download page
I have just done a fresh install of Orion on my newest laptop (intel graphics) and it picks up my graphics ok after adding just the kernel and intel xserver packages from backports, so I would guess your machine is newer (or has newer graphics chip at least).

Try Scorpion and see if that works ok and if it does you can either install it onto your machine, or install inxi into the live session and post the output of inxi -G and it might let give us some more information.

I will try the ISO you give  with the post information soon.

and let me report, after the steps you take for me.  now i can play local .mp4 video with VLC. i just don't know why.

Offline

#13 2017-09-11 08:44

Dai_trying
Member
From: UK
Registered: 2015-12-14
Posts: 1,726
Website

Re: " xvideo no adpaptor"

fasn wrote:

and let me report, after the steps you take for me.  now i can play local .mp4 video with VLC. i just don't know why.

Well that's the initial problem solved, but you may still have some issues if you try to use a package that requires hardware 3d rendering. But with a little luck and good fortune your card might be better supported by that time. smile

Offline

#14 2017-09-11 10:58

fasn
Member
Registered: 2017-09-09
Posts: 19

Re: " xvideo no adpaptor"

Dai_trying wrote:
fasn wrote:

and let me report, after the steps you take for me.  now i can play local .mp4 video with VLC. i just don't know why.

Well that's the initial problem solved, but you may still have some issues if you try to use a package that requires hardware 3d rendering. But with a little luck and good fortune your card might be better supported by that time. smile

so thank you. keep that System simple like this.  Lubuntu take 10 seconds to boot up my computer, and Q4OS just take 6s. so i like it ,just save us time.

Last edited by fasn (2017-09-11 10:59)

Offline

#15 2017-09-11 22:17

crosscourt
Member
From: Wash DC
Registered: 2017-05-07
Posts: 959

Re: " xvideo no adpaptor"

Intel G4560 igpu isnt a card, support I believe is included in the 4.5 kernel or newer. Certainly if your running the more recent 4.9 or higher kernel it should work particularly if you need 3d rendering.


Q4OS Techogeezer  running Dell Optiplex 7010 MT- i5 3570 3.4ghz, 8gb ram, 500gb hard drive, Geforce GTX 1050 Ti

Offline

#16 2017-09-11 22:24

Dai_trying
Member
From: UK
Registered: 2015-12-14
Posts: 1,726
Website

Re: " xvideo no adpaptor"

Sorry, I used the word card just to mean graphics adaptor/chip, and I would have thought having the newer kernel (from backports) as well as the newer xserver-xorg-video-intel (also from backports) should have bought the card up correctly, but as you can see from the output in #7 this didn't happen... hopefully with these packages installed the graphics should just get detected and show as the correct model and with correct 3d rendering. smile

Offline

#17 2017-09-11 22:32

crosscourt
Member
From: Wash DC
Registered: 2017-05-07
Posts: 959

Re: " xvideo no adpaptor"

He went 4.9 which should work but he may need to go newer as Ive had no problems with the 4.10 kernel with the same igpu.

G4560 has been around since Jan of 2017 so its new but not that new.

Last edited by crosscourt (2017-09-11 22:39)


Q4OS Techogeezer  running Dell Optiplex 7010 MT- i5 3570 3.4ghz, 8gb ram, 500gb hard drive, Geforce GTX 1050 Ti

Offline

#18 2017-09-11 23:43

Dai_trying
Member
From: UK
Registered: 2015-12-14
Posts: 1,726
Website

Re: " xvideo no adpaptor"

If he needs a newer kernel the only choice is to use Scorpion and enable Stretch-backports (manually), and in Debian terms I'd say it's a new chip big_smile

Offline

#19 2017-09-12 02:23

crosscourt
Member
From: Wash DC
Registered: 2017-05-07
Posts: 959

Re: " xvideo no adpaptor"

Id agree there as Debian is a bit slow on the uptake.  Yes he probably should try Scorpion and use the newest kernel available.

I can say though thru my testing that so far the 4.10 kernel runs fine with his igpu but thats on another distro not Q4OS.


Q4OS Techogeezer  running Dell Optiplex 7010 MT- i5 3570 3.4ghz, 8gb ram, 500gb hard drive, Geforce GTX 1050 Ti

Offline

#20 2017-10-09 14:19

fasn
Member
Registered: 2017-09-09
Posts: 19

Re: " xvideo no adpaptor"

Dai_trying wrote:

If he needs a newer kernel the only choice is to use Scorpion and enable Stretch-backports (manually), and in Debian terms I'd say it's a new chip big_smile

hey,
i have install Scorpion and could you please told me how to enable Stretch-backports?

since i had experienced unusual in new system,it's just like not install video driver on windows, the web browser's scroll up and down and switch between tabs gets the webpage tearing or Serrate

Offline

#21 2017-10-09 14:29

Dai_trying
Member
From: UK
Registered: 2015-12-14
Posts: 1,726
Website

Re: " xvideo no adpaptor"

To install the newer kernel the devs have an install script you can use, simply type in a terminal

sudo qinst-kernel-bpo

and it will take care of everything for you.
If you still have problems with your video (after rebooting to ensure a clean system) you may need updated drivers too, but we can cover that when we know.

Offline

#22 2017-10-09 14:34

fasn
Member
Registered: 2017-09-09
Posts: 19

Re: " xvideo no adpaptor"

Dai_trying wrote:

To install the newer kernel the devs have an install script you can use, simply type in a terminal

sudo qinst-kernel-bpo

and it will take care of everything for you.
If you still have problems with your video (after rebooting to ensure a clean system) you may need updated drivers too, but we can cover that when we know.

qi~$ sudo qinst-kernel-bpo
This script is not enabled for the current distribution: stretch

qi:~$

Offline

#23 2017-10-09 14:37

Dai_trying
Member
From: UK
Registered: 2015-12-14
Posts: 1,726
Website

Re: " xvideo no adpaptor"

Ok, sorry I didn't check first. You can enable backports with

sudo qrepoadd --gui

and then select stretch backports, then run sudo apt-get update to ensure repositories are updated and then you will be able to install the kernel manually.

Offline

#24 2017-10-09 14:46

fasn
Member
Registered: 2017-09-09
Posts: 19

Re: " xvideo no adpaptor"

Dai_trying wrote:

Ok, sorry I didn't check first. You can enable backports with

sudo qrepoadd --gui

and then select stretch backports, then run sudo apt-get update to ensure repositories are updated and then you will be able to install the kernel manually.


after that still displays like that;
This script is not enabled for the current distribution: stretch

do i need reboot

Last edited by fasn (2017-10-09 14:48)

Offline

#25 2017-10-09 14:52

Dai_trying
Member
From: UK
Registered: 2015-12-14
Posts: 1,726
Website

Re: " xvideo no adpaptor"

You will have to install the kernel manually (using apt-get) the Q4OS script will not work even with backports enabled.

sudo apt-get install linux-image-4.12.0-0.bpo.2-amd64

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB