You are not logged in.

#1 2017-08-12 19:39

Luissousa

About Broken Packages

You have indicated me to go to the broken packages section because there are some broken files on the system and on it are some command lines that you indicated however after go to the terminal tray and having introduced some command lines indicated by you on the troubleshooting section the indication on the terminal is that the command was not found.
       Can you tell me what is going on here because I don't understand it looks like you giving information on the troubleshooting that ist not recognised by the terminal why is it that?
       With no further details and hoping to hear from you soon, I below subscribe,

Luis sousa

#2 2017-08-12 20:35

q4osteam
Q4OS Team
Website

Re: About Broken Packages

Luissousa wrote:

You have indicated me to go to the broken packages section because there are some broken files on the system and on it are some command lines that you indicated however after go to the terminal tray and having introduced some command lines indicated by you on the troubleshooting section the indication on the terminal is that the command was not found.

Please specify in more detail. Which packages are broken ? Please paste some error messages here for us to be able to help you. A screenshot would be helpful as well.

#3 2017-08-16 18:55

Luissousa

I can't tell you precisely which files are broken because the system told me simply that I couldn't make the installation of some files because there were some broken files, didn't specify.
       With no further details I look forward to hear from you,

Luis Sousa

#4 2017-08-16 22:46

bobby
Website

Luissousa wrote:

Can you tell me what is going on here because I don't understand it looks like you giving information on the troubleshooting that ist not recognised by the terminal why is it that?
       With no further details and hoping to hear from you soon, I below subscribe,

Luis sousa

Would you please provide a screen print or copy & past of the terminal command you used and the exact feedback from the Treminal = "error".

Lots of experienced folks here to help.

No Longer Using Q4OS

#5 2017-08-20 17:41

crosscourt
Website

Agree as its tough to diagnose issues with no real specifics but you may be able to use Synaptic to find the broken packages if they will show up and click edit and fix broken packages. No guarantees since we dont know whats really going on.

Q4OS Aquarius 5.1 KDE   Lenovo Thinkcentre M900 Tiny i5-6500T, 16gb ddr4 ram, 512gb m.2 ssd

#6 2017-10-15 02:00

watersb

On my VMware system today, installed Q4OS for the first time. To an empty virtual hard disk.

Software Centre, Desktop Profiler, or double-clicking on an '*.esh' file in the KDS4 GUI -- would all fail to finish.

Turns out that '/usr/bin/stat' was corrupted. 'exec format error', and Terminal command 'file /usr/bin/stat' said 'data' rather than ELF binary.

Was the only executable in /usr/bin to be damaged.

The downloaded install iso md5 checksum matched the one published on the web page: a82f79081e0f2848344ed8a1743033ef

I fixed my machine by mounting the squashfs on a folder, copied the /usr/bin/stat binary from that.

Now everything seems to work ok.
Very strange.

Board footer