You are not logged in.

#1 2017-05-25 16:20

abhilashbabu

Browser (Chrome and Firefox) : Error loading player: No playable sourc

When I try to play videos online, i get an error that says:

Error loading player: No playable sources found.

I can watch Youtube videos though.

What could be the problem?

I ran a command after reading up a bit - and this is what I got - http://imgh.us/snapshot3_1.png

#2 2017-05-25 19:09

Dai_trying

Re: Browser (Chrome and Firefox) : Error loading player: No playable sourc

I think youtube is now using html5 video, but that's neither here nor there really, what you want is the pakage flashplugin-nonfree but there is a bug currently and it will likely not work as it should.
What I have done to enable flash is to download the current tar.gz file from adobe

1. select Linux 64 or 32bit as OS

2. select FP 25.0 for Linux xx bit (tar.gz) - NPAPI

3. click Download Now

and then unpack it and copy the file libflashplayer.so to either ~/.mozilla/plugins/ (for your own user) or copy to /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/ as root or use sudo (for all users) which is what I have done.

This should give you working flash in firefox although I'm not sure about Chrome as I don't use it.

HTH

Dai

#3 2017-05-25 19:51

crosscourt
Website

Chrome uses pepper-flash which can be enabled in the plugins area

Most sites Im on today use HTML5 so I rarely need or want Flash. All videos on the sites I work at and go to regularly work fine with both Firefox and Chrome, so not sure what your issue is. Be sure to refresh the page as sometimes its a problem with the website and you may find other sites work that use Flash.

Q4OS Aquarius 5.1 KDE   Lenovo Thinkcentre M900 Tiny i5-6500T, 16gb ddr4 ram, 512gb m.2 ssd

#4 2017-05-25 20:03

Dai_trying

There is a bug with flashplugin-nonfree although I do not know the exact details, it may be that it has been fixed now although I haven't checked recently. A post regarding it is here which is about a month old, so it might have been fixed.

Although I think the OP's actual issue was not being able to install flash as he/she was using the wrong package name...

#5 2017-05-25 22:47

crosscourt
Website

I havent had any issues with Flash with Firefox other than the fact that its disabled by default. Thats why I do use two browsers as Chrome's pepper-flash plugin is native and works very well.

Q4OS Aquarius 5.1 KDE   Lenovo Thinkcentre M900 Tiny i5-6500T, 16gb ddr4 ram, 512gb m.2 ssd

#6 2019-01-17 20:05

CelesteTMontgomery

I'm also facing the same issue & tried almost everything but not help. Is there anything that I might be missing?

#7 2019-04-05 07:33

phillipesquivel

abhilashbabu wrote:

When I try to play videos online, i get an error that says:

Error loading player: No playable sources found.

I can watch Youtube videos though.

What could be the problem?

I ran a command after reading up a bit - and this is what I got -

Reinstall Adobe Flash Player and then reboot your PC it might resolve the issue.

Board footer