You are not logged in.

#26 2017-03-29 17:12

michaelk

Re: Wanted: kompozer 0.8.b.3 for Q4OS scorpion

Fine! But notice: in this case I have only been the motivator, instigator. It was Darius Zarrabi who has got it done. He is the professional, I am the laymen. Just that I know what I want and what I need.

And now all of you: test test test - till it can become a regular package in Q4OS.

#27 2019-02-24 18:38

michaelk

Sometimes it is worth to remember former successes. Yesterday I installed Kompozer on an older 32-bit laptop using the proposal the q3os-team gave in post 9 in this thread. Works flawlessly.

Why I am so eager on this old software: you are able to mark text in some Internet-html-file directly, copy it with ctrl-c and paste into a fresh html-file in Kompozer with ctrl-v - but the embedded links work! You do not need to use the source code file of the original site which is often enough a headache.

Does anybody here know of any newer html-editor software than can do the same?

#28 2019-02-24 22:13

Dai_trying

What I do is select the text (with links) in my browser and then right click to select "View selection source" which opens another window with just the selected source with the link intact, it is automatically selected so I can just cut and paste it into any editor. I am using PaleMoon browser but I would imagine this option would be available from most modern browsers. I just tested Firefox and that works the same.

#29 2019-02-25 16:45

michaelk

This exactly is not possible here. I can see the source code with a right click into the text field  of an opened website. But in the moment I mark a text with a link this does not work, neither in Opera nor in Vivaldi. - But if I mark the text with a link, press ctrl-c and then paste it into the surface of a html-file in Kompozer (not into its source code!) it works. Hmmh...

#30 2019-02-25 19:11

Dai_trying

You're right this does not seem to work in Chrome type browsers, but any Firefox based browser will work (like PaleMoon etc).

#31 2019-02-25 21:18

michaelk

Thank you! Yes, just tested, it is like this. Your developers may know why this is like that, for my humble brain it is beyond my reach.
But this detail is important for my daily work. Takes too much time to move by feet in the source codes of different pages.
Therefore I love this outdated thing called Konqueror.

May be I am too lazy to research but I do not know any other html-Editor with this particular feature: to paste html-snippets into the WYSIWYG surface of the editor.
Pale Moon was new to me as well! ;-)

#32 2019-11-16 00:24

michaelk

Just to remember all interested users of this nice software Kompozer:
it works on Q4Os 3.9 as well as I just tried out.

But one has to install
apt-get install libidl-2-0
in addition to the downloaded file kompozer-0.8b3.deb

Have fun,
Michael

Board footer