You are not logged in.

#1 2016-12-04 18:11

ichbin1199

Yakauke-trinity drop-down terminal + kcontrol-autostart-trinity

Hi q4osers!

The more I use Trinity, the more I love that DE and I would never thank Q4OS enough for making me discover and use it.

I have browsed the synaptic package manager to see the Trinity applications that could be installed on my Q4OS system and I found some very useful ones.

Amongst them I wanted to mention the drop-down yakuake-trinity terminal. Nethertheless I had to make it autostart to use it without having to launch it at start up. I didn't want to mess with some command lines or script writing to do it so I searched in synaptic and found kcontrol-autostart-trinity that add that functionnality in the control panel (I think that it should be installed in Q4OS by default to make autostart applications easier).

Take a look at those Trinity apps, you may find some very interesting and useful things that would enhance your Q4OS experience.

Samsung Q1 Ultra Premium umpc, (1.33ghz Intel core solo, 2gb ram)/Q4OS Scorpion/Trinity+Compaq  CQ2301 (1.6ghzx2 Intel Atom 230, 1gb ram, used as a server)/Q4OS Orion/Trinity+Packard bell D2317 (2.2ghzx2 Intel Pentium, 2gb ram)/Q4OS Scorpion/Trinity

#2 2016-12-04 21:12

Dai_trying

Re: Yakauke-trinity drop-down terminal + kcontrol-autostart-trinity

I must agree the gui auto-start would definitely make it easier for new users to start applications at boot time, I've had to do it so many times (I'm re-instaling/testing a lot) from the command line now that I'm used to doing it like that. I'm going to try yakuake-trinity terminal next, Thanks for the post, it made me think a bit more about what software I could replace with a -trinity alternative.

#3 2016-12-05 20:40

ichbin1199

Re: Yakauke-trinity drop-down terminal + kcontrol-autostart-trinity

hi dai-trying!

you're welcome! Yakuake-trinity is indeed very useful and as powerful as terminator because you can open multiple tabs but you can also split the terminal to get multiple prompts on only one screen.

Amarok-trinity is also well integrated in trinity (there's an applet in the systray that allows you to control you music player (I was using banshee before).

korganizer-trinity  is also a very great calendar application.

Samsung Q1 Ultra Premium umpc, (1.33ghz Intel core solo, 2gb ram)/Q4OS Scorpion/Trinity+Compaq  CQ2301 (1.6ghzx2 Intel Atom 230, 1gb ram, used as a server)/Q4OS Orion/Trinity+Packard bell D2317 (2.2ghzx2 Intel Pentium, 2gb ram)/Q4OS Scorpion/Trinity

Board footer