You are not logged in.

#1 2016-06-26 03:03

otisfiend

Numbers mixed with letters.

I installed 64 bit version on 64 bit Acer Aspire 5100. When I try and type, numbers sometimes appear instead of letters??? Any suggestions? Q4OS works very well on several Lenovo Thinkpads.

#2 2016-06-26 05:27

bin

Re: Numbers mixed with letters.

By default Q4OS starts with numlock enabled. Control Centre>Peripherals>Keyboard>Set Numlock to off on start up.

It sounds like your keyboard is creating the numbers that would be typed when you hold the Fn and Shift key.
So, Fn+shift+J types the number 1 - which is the value in a coloured square in that key - I guess that's what you're seeing.

First of all I suggest you check the NumLock status - Fn + NumLock (F11 on your keyboard I think).

If that does not help I recall that there is also a Fn lock combination which allows for easy continual number entry via the Fn Number keys rather than the top row - eg when doing a lot of spreadsheet data entry.

Not sure how that is configured on your machine but that is most likely where the problem lies.

As a side thought it may help to use the Acer Laptop keyboard layout selection in Control Centre>Regional & Accessibility>Keyboard Layout - no guarantees, just a suggestion.

#3 2016-06-26 08:40

q4osteam
Q4OS Team
Website

Re: Numbers mixed with letters.

@otisfiend
Please read this http://www.q4os.org/dqa011.html#system.2

@bin
Thank you for your valuable posts.

Board footer