You are not logged in.

#1 2016-06-13 04:49

Rosko

New to Q4OS

Hi everyone, my name is Ray.

My history with Linux is short, less than a year, and only a full time user since January so I am still very much in learning mode. I tried out 4 or 5 live DVD distros with my new computer and settled on Mint/Cinnamon, it was easy to switch to from Windows and very easy to learn for a Linux noob.

With my two older (ancient?) Pentium 4 machines I needed something a lot leaner than Mint, after another round of distro testing I ended up with Linux Lite (I hadn't heard of Q4OS at the time) and it works fine on those old XP computers. After hearing about Q4OS from another member on the Mint forums I decided to give it a try and less than an hour of running it from CD I installed it to my HDD in a dual-boot ... that was 3 hours ago and I'm very impressed with it... lightning fast startup of 45 seconds from grub to desktop fully loaded! 90% sure it will replace Linux Lite on the 2 older machines.

Thanks to the dev team for creating such a fine distro.

#2 2016-06-13 06:29

q4osteam
Q4OS Team
Website

Re: New to Q4OS

You are welcome smile

#3 2016-06-15 03:36

bobby
Website

Ray, Glad you are liking Q4OS !

I fell in Love with Q4OS about 9 months ago after using Many other distros and U-cough-bootoo. smile

There is so much you can do with Q4OS that U*** and WinOS will not let you do. This forum is the place to get any help you need. From programming to fully customizing Q4OS, help is just a post away.

Q4OS is the only OS I use on 10 different computers that I have for various reasons -  1 year old to 15 years old.

AND NOW Raspberry Pi 3 too is running Q4OS Pi version.

No Longer Using Q4OS

#4 2016-06-17 03:42

Rosko

Thanks for the welcome.

So I'm 4 days in and totally sold on Q4OS, it is so fast compared to anything I've had on this old machine (14 year old, 2.4GHz, pentium4, 1GB RAM) it is 100% going on both my old machines and in serious consideration to replace Mint on the other.

Board footer