You are not logged in.

#1 2026-10-02 14:48

Wonderzebra
Member
Registered: 2026-01-29
Posts: 3

installed latest quark os and found firefox cant open the download fol

Installed latest Quarkos and found Firefox can't open the download folder when I click the folder icon after downloading a file.

How do I fix that?

I'd move to Q4os, but I need a particular PPA so I can run some apps, and it won't work on Debian.

Offline

#2 2026-10-02 14:53

q4osteam
Q4OS Team
Registered: 2015-12-06
Posts: 6,407
Website

Re: installed latest quark os and found firefox cant open the download fol

What desktop environment are you using?

Offline

#3 2026-10-02 14:59

Wonderzebra
Member
Registered: 2026-01-29
Posts: 3

Re: installed latest quark os and found firefox cant open the download fol

q4osteam wrote:

What desktop environment are you using?


Trinity desktop, sorry for not mentioning it, its 11.30 pm here and my brains beat

Offline

#4 2026-10-02 15:25

q4osteam
Q4OS Team
Registered: 2015-12-06
Posts: 6,407
Website

Re: installed latest quark os and found firefox cant open the download fol

Reproduced on Quarkos 26.04 Trinity. The file association cache for Trinity applications is empty, so Firefox doesn't know which program opens folders. Please run in a terminal:
$ sudo update-desktop-database /opt/trinity/share/applications
$ xdg-mime default tde-kfmclient_dir.desktop inode/directory
Then the folder icon in the downloads panel opens the download folder in Konqueror. (The second command matters if the Dolphin file manager is installed - it would otherwise open with a wrong path.) A fixed package will come with a future update

Last edited by q4osteam (2026-10-02 15:54)

Offline

#5 2026-10-02 17:51

q4osteam
Q4OS Team
Registered: 2015-12-06
Posts: 6,407
Website

Re: installed latest quark os and found firefox cant open the download fol

Fixed. You only need to update from repositories:
$ sudo apt update ; sudo apt full-upgrade

Offline

Registered users online in this topic: 0, guests: 1

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB
Modified by Visman