You are not logged in.

#1 2026-09-12 10:48

Taige
Banned
Registered: 2025-08-19
Posts: 105

Q4OS Plasma 64bit or Trinity 64bit

The computer consists of:
- Mainboard ASUS M3N78 PRO
- Cpu AMD Phenom II X4 955
- Memory 8GB DDR2-800 Mhz
- Archive SSD Kingston 120gb
- Videocard NVIDIA GT-1030 2GB-DDR5


As you can see, the oldest parts are the motherboard and the processor, so considering everything I was thinking that the most suitable operating system would be Andromeda Trinity 64bit.

What do you think about it?

Offline

#2 2026-09-12 13:04

Germ
Member
From: Bushyhead, Oklahoma
Registered: 2023-06-30
Posts: 102

Re: Q4OS Plasma 64bit or Trinity 64bit

Either one would work but Trinity would be faster and lighter on resources.


Calm down, it's only ones and zeroes

Offline

#3 2026-09-12 16:31

Taige
Banned
Registered: 2025-08-19
Posts: 105

Re: Q4OS Plasma 64bit or Trinity 64bit

Germ wrote:

Either one would work but Trinity would be faster and lighter on resources.

I did some research on this and I discovered that very old Asus motherboards, like mine, could cause problems not so much during the installation of the operating system but during its use.
That is, random problems, which could occur at any time.

That said, I would like to put some other distros on the usb key, so as to have as many options as possible in case of problems.
Which ones do you recommend?

Offline

Registered users online in this topic: 0, guests: 1

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB
Modified by Visman