You are not logged in.

#1 2016-04-01 13:27

bin

Cascading Tree Control Centre - just like it used to be

I really really hated the way the KDE Control Centre moved away from the original cascading tree and became a folder of icons instead. Navigating between different settings became (and still is IMHO) a pain with lots of back and forth without a clear picture of everything.

So I decided to resurrect the old Control Centre - it's just a different view of the tools but I prefer it.

File attached but this is the content

[Desktop Entry]
Exec=kcontrol -caption "%c" %i %m
Icon=kcontrol
Type=Application
X-DocPath=kcontrol/index.html
X-TDE-StartupNotify=true
Name=Q4OS Control Center
X-DCOP-ServiceType=Unique
Categories=Qt;TDE;Settings;
OnlyShowIn=TDE;

Just put that lot in a text file and save it to your desktop as Kcontrol.desktop and run it - enjoy!

It could do with some tweaking to brand it with Q4OS Logo and text - I'll work on that....when I can find the bits!!!

Attachments:
desktop KControl.desktop, Size: 231 B, Downloads: 1,099

#2 2016-04-01 16:22

Dai_trying

Re: Cascading Tree Control Centre - just like it used to be

I do like this! I too found the navigation a pain and finding an option sometimes awkward, but this is great. Thanks bin.

#3 2016-04-02 09:27

bin

Glad you like it.

Further digging around reveals that the old one is still there, just renamed to kcontrol.tde2 in /opt/trinity/bin - so the same result is achieved by creating a link to that application.

#4 2016-04-02 10:47

Dai_trying

I personally find it much easier to use, and think it looks a lot more professional too. I hope the devs could find time to tweak it with q4os livery. smile

Board footer