You are not logged in.

#1 2016-03-31 14:27

ylluminate

Parallels Tools: `Permission denied` errors even as root

I'm installing Q4OS on Parallels and running into an issue.

When I attempt to install the tools, I'm getting various errors that don't occur on other distros such as LXLE and such.  In the root folder, it is usually as simple to install on any Linux distro as executing `sudo bash install`.  Unfortunately in this case, it then tries to bootstrap the installer bin that lives in the `installer` folder and then throws an error:
`install: line 662: /media/cdrom0/installer/installer.x86_32: Permission denied`

When I try to execute this as root directly, I get the exact same permission denied error.

Any idea as to why it seems that the permissions for exec'ing bins are not working properly on a mount such as this?

#2 2016-03-31 15:54

ylluminate

Re: Parallels Tools: `Permission denied` errors even as root

I did find, by the way, that if I `mkdir ~/parallels; cp -r /media/cdrom/* ~/parallels; sudo ~/parallels/install-gui` it will actually install without a hitch.  There's clearly something going on with permissions on mounted images / discs...

#3 2016-03-31 18:29

q4osteam
Q4OS Team
Website

Please give a link to the iso file, we will investigate the issue.

#4 2016-04-01 00:13

ylluminate

Here's the link to the ISO. I'm hopeful that it helps; obviously Parallels itself mounts the iso so the dynamics might be a little quirky.  If push comes to shove, let me know and I can set up remote access to a virtual machine at a specific time that will allow you to take a look on a live VM.

#5 2016-04-01 06:32

ylluminate

@q4osteam FYI, I just installed the most recent 2.0.3 dev release and the Parallels Tools installs just fine with no fiddling as per above. Apparently something has changed in this release regarding mount permissions or such.

Board footer