You are not logged in.

#1 2024-06-08 23:36

FlexQ4
Member
Registered: 2017-02-19
Posts: 158

DNS configuration for NetworkManager

Hello,
Which DNS does Q4-4.12-TDE use; how can i check it?
i read here, that the networkmanager should save the settings in /etc/NetworkManager/system-connections/<name-of-connection> but the folder ist empty.
And, when i right-click on the tde-nm icon in the taskbar, and select "edit connection", choose my connection, check "Use manual IP-Connection, add a DNS, and save it... i see it's not saved the next time i edit it.
Thanks in advance

Offline

#2 2024-06-09 09:54

q4osteam
Q4OS Team
Registered: 2015-12-06
Posts: 4,351
Website

Re: DNS configuration for NetworkManager

FlexQ4 wrote:

Which DNS does Q4-4.12-TDE use; how can i check it?

$ nmcli connection show <connection_name>

FlexQ4 wrote:

... the networkmanager should save the settings in /etc/NetworkManager/system-connections/<name-of-connection> but the folder ist empty.

It's valid for wireless connections only.

FlexQ4 wrote:

And, when i right-click on the tde-nm icon in the taskbar, and select "edit connection", choose my connection, check "Use manual IP-Connection, add a DNS, and save it... i see it's not saved the next time i edit it.

We will check that. Anyway, you need to use manual IP address along with manual DNS.

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB