You are not logged in.

#1 2023-07-14 14:07

Seeker3K

Save As Text (TXT), not as HTML + Add Icon to Customize Toolbar +down

Dear Pale Moon Developers,
Hello.

(1) First, if I am not following protocol in the phrasing of this request, I do apologize.

(2) Second, I would like to start by confirming my preference for Pale Moon (v 32.3.0 64 bit - Win) over other browsers, especially in being (a) much faster, (b) not crashing with opening multiple tabs (although currently its use of memory tends to spike with more tabs open, this is mitigated by the option to keep tabs inactive and/or muted until selected), and (c) allowing the user to save web pages as text (surprisingly not allowed by other browsers, or when allowed the pages still save as HTML that has to later be converted to text). However, in the next version(s), I would be very grateful if you could introduce two small changes (that would make a big difference in reducing clicks required by half at least to anyone who frequently saves pages as text)=

(i) Currently, the selection to save a web page as text, offers the name of the file plus extension as "html", which requires every time to delete "html" and manually type in "txt" as extension. If the extension could be changed automatically to "txt" upon selecting "save as text", it would improve my productivity and make me even happier with Pale Moon, than I already am.

(ii) If an addition could be made to the set of icons offered in the customization of toolbars could include the "save as" (plus the traditional "disk" image-icon)--besides the "Save As" option in the File Menu--then one could place the icon on the toolbar with customization, to be able to save with one click, instead of having to click File, Save As, etc. 

This feature could then be extended to all other features already available to improve users' productivity by applying it  to all other buttons or items of the Menus.

(3) Third, I am also grateful for the Reader Icon that is very useful. In the long term, perhaps (a) very useful distinction could be introduced in clearing the downloads page, so that "failed or incomplete downloads" would not be cleared from the list and one could try re-downloading them, and (b) while continuing with the default fast option, when opening a .pdf link in a new tab, not to actually open the .pdf in the browser (as desired), actually closing the thus opened tab once the file is downloaded, and not leaving the tab open until it is closed by the user, at the risk of either re-downloading the pdf, or only downloading it when the user actually clicks the tab, which would, in my view, add one extra tab and clutter to the open window.

(4) Finally, while the current trend seems to be to increase the size of many applications from 2 or 3 initial MBs to hundreds of MBs by not only adding more and more functions and unnecessarily insisting on opening big media and also text files in the browser by default (instead of allowing them to be downloaded, thus making them slower and more cumbersome at the same time as actually hiding the added functions deeply into the Apps without allowing an option to change this behavior by default, I am very pleased that Pale Moon has kept the use-interface transparent, customizable, and extremely friendly while keeping its size to a a very manageable minimum of 34.0 MB.

Thank you for offering the enjoyable experience of Pale Moon as a free browser.

#2 2023-07-15 13:23

hchiper

Re: Save As Text (TXT), not as HTML + Add Icon to Customize Toolbar +down

Seeker3K wrote:

Dear Pale Moon Developers,

This forum is dedicated to the Q4OS distribution. Although Palemoon is available in the Software Centre, Q4OS isn't its developper.
Palemoon's forum (https://forum.palemoon.org/) would be a better place to post your requests.

Last edited by hchiper (2023-07-15 13:24)

Q4OS machines: [Samsung R519 - Pentium T4200 2.0 GHz - 4 GB RAM - 500 GB SSD] & [Sony Vaio - Pentium P6000 1.87 GHz - 8 GB RAM - 500 GB SSD]

Board footer