You are not logged in.

#1 2023-01-05 05:53

Magellan

How to install or use ndiswrapper

Hello, I am running the lates version on a very old Dell Inspiron 2650.  I have a PCMCIA WIreless card (Netgear WG511 v2 with Marvell chipset).  I have hunted various forums and it appears this card will work with ndiswrapper but I am not sure how to use it.  I have tried terminal commands I have found for other linux versions but the result is always 'Command not found".  I tried to install using Sudo apt-get but that command is not finding ndiswrapper to install.  I am guessing I need to update respositorues or something but that is where my Linux knowledge runs out.  Thanks for any help. 

P.S.  I have wired Ethernet so I can access any files over the internet that way but would like to get the Wifi card working.

Thanks!

#2 2023-01-05 07:23

bin

Re: How to install or use ndiswrapper

ndiswrapper as a package was dropped at the end of Debian Buster (Debian 10). You are on Bullseye (Debian 11) Bookworm (Debian 12) is just around the corner.

I really do suggest you avoid a whole world of pain and frustration and just get one of these https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B008FZO1A2

They just work with Q4OS.

#3 2023-01-05 16:47

Magellan

Re: How to install or use ndiswrapper

Thanks for the tip!  I agree it will be easier just to get something that works.

Board footer