You are not logged in.

#1 2022-12-01 03:07

SamVzla

Newbie Getting started on Linux

Hello. I am a newcomer to computing and especially to Linux, but the concept of free software enchants and captivates me.

I have a problem and I need some expert help. I have installed this OS on my old computer with few resources i386 32bit to connect and work on the web, but I also need to manage an application that does not represent a lot of resource consumption for instant messaging from my telegram, facebook messenger, and whatssap accounts, I have found pidgin pre-installed but with this application I can't communicate.

So I would really appreciate it if you could give me the commands and files to work with instant messaging in pidgin in great detail. Please, remember that this is my first linux and I'm learning.

In the worst case or failing that, refer me with another light but powerful app.

Thanking you for all the support you can give me in this regard, I await your comments and instructions.

Cordial greetings from Venezuela. God bless you

#2 2022-12-04 02:36

z2168235

Re: Newbie Getting started on Linux

go to the Pidgin plugin (link below), click link of the protocol you want to add for the instruction how to add.
https://pidgin.im/plugins/?publisher=all&query=&type=

#3 2022-12-05 23:13

SamVzla

Re: Newbie Getting started on Linux

Hello. I appreciate the time you have taken to respond.

In response to your suggestion, I must say that I have not been able to advance in the process, because in the Facebook protocol link, for example, I am not sure how to proceed with the instruction in NIX. However, I tried to download the package according to what I can interpret in the instructions, but the link for downloading the available distros in the table tells me "The resource is no longer available".

I've tried to follow the steps but I can't do it, I don't know if I need more experience, since I'm a newbie, I don't know how to locate an alternate repository, much less to create the plugin.

But since you have more experience and you know the subject better than me, could you help me to facilitate the process please?

I await comments and instructions

Board footer