You are not logged in.

#1 2022-11-04 23:50

rdmarr

Partition Vista 32bit Q4os install

Rescuing an old Toshiba Satellite running Vista, 80gb hard drive (those were the days) 21gb free . None of the set-up help I can find reflect screens that today's installation process is generating. I'm seeing three options; Classic install. No questions. Full Automated with the warning all data will be destroyed and Advanced options Preinstall for OEMs. I'm trying to use the Guided Classic install - full disk and have no issues until the partitioner  opens. The 80gb disk shows #1 primary at 1.6gb and #2 primary at 78.5gb. Highlighting the 78.5gb partition takes you to the next screen where the partition can be resized which takes you to a new screen indicating before selecting a new partition size previous changes have to be written to disk, the resizing may take a long time and the operation can't be undone followed by "Write previous changes to disk and continue?"
Does the next screen allow sizing of the new partition for Q4os? From what I can find, 8gb should be ok?
Thanks for your help and patience.

#2 2022-11-05 12:50

q4osteam
Q4OS Team
Website

Re: Partition Vista 32bit Q4os install

rdmarr wrote:

Does the next screen allow sizing of the new partition for Q4OS?

Yes, it should, but we strongly recommend to backup any critical data before partitioning.

rdmarr wrote:

... 8gb should be ok?

It's a really threshold minimal size. We would recommend 16GB + data size at least, especially for the full software equipment.

Board footer