You are not logged in.

#1 2022-07-30 21:36

concord

Wired Network not working with Q4OS+KDE Plasma

I've seen other earlier issues where laptops can only connect via the wireless network. 

I installed the 4.8 Gemini onto my Dell latitude 7480, which connected to the docking station.  According to the hardware listing, it is an Intel I219-LM, so it's not a new chip.   Also tried without docking station with wired connection on the laptop, but no joy.

I then installed make, cmake, etc. and downloaded the Intel e1000e driver code and tried compiling it, but came up with errors.

Please note that I had Mint on it and worked fine, so there's something going on with Q4OS.

Per earlier posting, someone else re-installed using Trinity and it worked.

Hope you can get this fixed in future; other than this issue, Q4DOS looks like a good distro. 

I'm going to install Debian and add KDE Plasma to see if that will work.

#2 2022-07-30 21:47

q4osteam
Q4OS Team
Website

Re: Wired Network not working with Q4OS+KDE Plasma

concord wrote:

I'm going to install Debian and add KDE Plasma to see if that will work.

Yes, it should enlighten the issue source, please report back, if possible. Thanks for reporting.

#3 2022-07-31 13:14

concord

Re: Wired Network not working with Q4OS+KDE Plasma

I installed Debian and had the same problem, so it's not Q4DOS. 

I changed out my network cable to docking station, then tried it on the laptop network connection and it worked.  I grabbed a USB network dongle to connect to the docking station and it works, so my docking station network connection is bad.

I reinstalled Q4DOS and the network dongle works.

Board footer