You are not logged in.

#1 2022-07-14 19:29

Irina060

Grub Rescue Filesystem Unknown but ext2 detected

Hi, as tittle says I was able to install q4os latest 32bit version no problem. But when I rebooted I found this grub rescue promt. Using ls I found that (hd0,msdos5) is filesystem ext2 (I only have msdos1 and msdos5, weird no inbetween). I did set root and set prefix fine but insmod normal shows this "attempt to read or write outside of disk hd0" which I dont know what it means, also typing "normal" shows "unknown comand 'normal'".
Some other info, this is dual booting with windows xp, 512 mb of ram, I actually tried q4os without dual boot and worked nicely (keep up the good work), not the first time I encounter "unknown filesystem error" in grub rescue but it is the first time I dont know how to solve it. And google hasnt helped much beyond what I tryied.
Any suggestions?

#2 2022-07-15 17:58

Irina060

Re: Grub Rescue Filesystem Unknown but ext2 detected

Well, after some reinstalling I found out that auto partition doesnt work for me. I have to manually partition the drive and add a boot partition. Now, windows xp doesnt work. Grub lets me select it but it wont boot anymore. Also there's still some broken windows 8 boot stuff that I dont want anymore. Is there a way to edit those entries and/or to fix the dual boot with windows xp?

#3 2022-07-15 18:56

Irina060

Re: Grub Rescue Filesystem Unknown but ext2 detected

Okay I fixed it, windows 8 repair mini menu still on but it can be helpful hahaha. Idk how I did that I re-started a bunch of times and thaat... did it I guess... Someone close this topic please, I hope this helps someone smile

Board footer