You are not logged in.

#1 2022-07-08 18:16

SignorCastello

Battery indicator not found

I use the xanmod kernel, but i had this problem with the default one, too.
My laptop's battery is not on charge, so the indicator should show up on the system tray.
But there isn't. Even if i expand the tray, I don't see anything...
(i use kde plasma)

Attachments:
png untitled.png, Size: 96.36 KiB, Downloads: 172

#2 2022-07-09 07:57

compis

Re: Battery indicator not found

I use plasma and also experienced the disappearance of the Battery indicator. It dod return possibly after a reboot. But it continues to disappear occasionaly and appears to do it when charging

#3 2022-07-09 10:22

tlmiller76

Re: Battery indicator not found

compis wrote:

I use plasma and also experienced the disappearance of the Battery indicator. It dod return possibly after a reboot. But it continues to disappear occasionaly and appears to do it when charging

This sounds like the "normal" behavior to me.  The battery icon is set to disappear from view by default when the battery is at 100% and the machine is on AC power.  If you want it to stay, you can dchnage the settings for the system tray for the battery to "always shown"

SignorCastello wrote:

I use the xanmod kernel, but i had this problem with the default one, too.
My laptop's battery is not on charge, so the indicator should show up on the system tray.
But there isn't. Even if i expand the tray, I don't see anything...
(i use kde plasma)

The first basic question is do you have powerdevil package installed?  Possibly it could have gotten removed somehow and that would definitely cause the battery icon to never show.

Q4OS Trinity machine - Lenovo K14 Gen1 AMD.  AMD Ryzen R5-5650U, 32GB DDR4, 1TB SSD, Vega 7, Realtek 8852 Wifi 6E + BT 5.2.

Board footer