You are not logged in.

#1 2022-07-04 15:59

peperfus

Laptop doesn't physicxally power off

Hello

First of all, sorry for bad english.

Great job with Q4OS, I love it. It's working on my old 32 bit laptop Acer Travelmate 4000

Everything works fine, I can print, scan, view pdf, surf the web ...., a little slow, but enough for this "20" years old champion with 2 GB RAM :-)

My problem is, when I select power off computer ....; gui closes, lot of text closing things .... ok ....
Last message says something like "Reached target power off", but computer doesn't actually power off. It keeps on. I have to force power off manually by long pressing the power button.

Tried editing boot config with grub editor and adding apm = off / acpi = off / edd = off / apm = force
None of these works.

Any idea

Kernel running is /boot/vmlinuz-5.10.0-15-686

Thank you.

#2 2022-07-04 16:34

hchiper

Re: Laptop doesn't physicxally power off

I also encountered a "Reached target power off", although with Q4OS Centaurus, not Gemini. I have submitted the issue in this thread. I don't know if it relevant for your case.

Q4OS machines: [Samsung R519 - Pentium T4200 2.0 GHz - 4 GB RAM - 500 GB SSD] & [Sony Vaio - Pentium P6000 1.87 GHz - 8 GB RAM - 500 GB SSD]

#3 2022-08-26 19:58

GuestStar

Re: Laptop doesn't physicxally power off

Maybe a bit late to the party.. but I used to have the same issue on two second-hand, refurb HP ProBook 640 G1's. My problem got solved (among other stuff) by installing a newer bios version from HP pages. They fixed some power issues in later-than-the-initial versions, I had the original, initial bios version in both of them and I jumped to the newest one.

And, in case you are interested in how, I have Hiren's Boot CD (the Windows PE version) on a USB stick. I just copied the driver package on it, booted from it and ran the bios upgrade. There would have been other means available for HP pro line but I like generic solutions.

Board footer