You are not logged in.

#1 2022-05-10 16:54

LinuxDan2015

Cannot Lock Screen

I have noticed this behavior a few times over the past few weeks. I will sometimes lose the ability to lock my screen. When I try and lock it via the menu or shortcut key, nothing happens. Normally the screen saver would kick in and if I touch a key after that, the login prompt would display. But when nothing happens, I have to log out of the session. When I log out, this message flashes across the screen (I had to video record it to catch it):

Will not lock the session as unlocking would be impossible. No Appropriate greeter plugin configured.

After a reboot it works again.

Any ideas?

Thanks!!

Host: Z97-HD3
Kernel: 5.10.0-14-amd64
Packages: 2632 (dpkg), 7 (flatpak)
Shell: bash 5.1.4
Resolution: 2560x1080
DE: trinity R14.0.11
WM: twin
Theme: Q4OS02 [GTK2/3]
Terminal: konsole
CPU: Intel i7-4790K (8) @ 4.400GHz
GPU: Intel HD Graphics
Memory: 9934MiB / 31533MiB

#2 2022-05-11 05:50

bin

Re: Cannot Lock Screen

I would first of all try to separate the 'screen saver' from the locking process.
This is done in the Screen Saver settings - just uncheck Start Automatically.
Next in power settings switch off DPMS and Screen saver settings in Performance mode and just use that mode.
If you use autologin, in Control Centre>System Administration>Login Manager>Convenience make sure that Persistent, Lock Session and Automatically Login again..... are all unchecked.
In TDE Components>Session Manager Set On login to Empty Session.
Log out and under Menu>Session Type check TDE
Just a thought - you are using TDM - the default login manager???
Do you have more than one language in Country/Region settings - likewise Keyboard language?

Board footer