You are not logged in.

#1 2016-02-21 14:02

Dai_trying

Keyboard Shortcuts

I decided to put xmms2 on my system as I use it on other distro's but have come across an issue with creating keyboard shortcuts for my multimedia keys. I cannot figure out how to add a simple short-cut and am feeling a bit stupid at this point!!!
I have tried Control Centre -> Regional & Accessibility -> Keyboard Shortcuts
which states

Below is a list of known commands which you may assign keyboard shortcuts to. To edit, add or remove entries from this list use the TDE menu editor.

I do not really want to add/remove program start short-cuts, I just want to add a short-cut for a bash command ( xmms2 toggle ) to my multimedia play button ( XF86AudioPlay ).
I also tried Control Centre -> Regional & Accessibility -> Input Actions which I think gets me a little closer to what I want, but cannot seem to figure out where I am going wrong.
I created a new entry in the examples section and named it xmms2play/pause with an action type = generic (I also tried the other options with no success) in the Triggers section I gave it a short-cut trigger (XF86AudioPlay) then on the Action tab I created a New Command/Url with the command xmms2 toggle I didn't think I would have to enter anything in the conditions tab so left that blank.
Nothing happening when I press the play button, Anyone point me in the right direction?

Dai

EDIT: realised examples group is disabled. (AAARRRGGGHHHH!!!!)
set up in Preset Actions group now.
xmms2 toggle now works, but next and prev commands do nothing and are set up EXACTLY the same!!

Last edited by Dai_trying (2016-02-21 15:19)

Board footer