You are not logged in.

#1 2022-01-22 05:18

Humming Owl

SD card not detected unless inserted before turning on computer

I started using Q4OS recently and found this issue with an old 2GB Toshiba SD card. The computer is an iMac 21.5 Inch late 2009.

If the SD card is plugged before turning on the computer, it is detected (and writable). If I remove it (while being detected) and reinsert it, it isn't recognized (I have to reboot the computer while being inserted to get it detected again).

I've tried plugging the card on a Windows 7 machine, it is detected but it is stuck in read-only mode. I also tried plugging it on a live session of Lubuntu 18.04 on the same Windows 7 machine and it is detected but is also stuck in read-only mode. It can be writable by following executing these commands:

hdparm -r0 /dev/mmcblk0p1
mount /media/lubuntu/{SD-card-name}/ -o remount,rw

As of now I think it is an issue related to the SD card. I've read similar threads but no luck.

Thanks for your time.

Cheers.

#2 2022-03-14 00:47

Humming Owl

Re: SD card not detected unless inserted before turning on computer

At the end, the SD card reader was also defective, sorry about the inconvinience. I tested the card on several OS and Q4OS was the only one that was able to write to the card and did not complain about the write-protected stuck status of the card. Thanks for this OS!

Board footer