You are not logged in.

#1 2022-03-01 12:01

pametnix

WiFi usb adapter works with Live, not with installed OS

Hi,

With Q4OS Live, my WiFi adapter works fine. When I installed Basic or Desktop Q4OS Trinity, it did not work as expected. It always asks for password. What makes it more interesting is that after installation of Desktop Trinity, I had WiFi, but once I turned off the computer, again always asks for password. Just as a note, I had the same problem with LMDE4, and found out that Debian has some problems with some usb adapters. The point is that I am always on the same network and I want it just to work. Right now I am writing this from Q4OS Live. I do not understand why Live works, and installation does not.

Thanks

#2 2022-03-01 12:38

bin

Re: WiFi usb adapter works with Live, not with installed OS

After install, select the wifi network.
Go through the connection wizard adding password as required - then 'Next' until you get to the check box that allows you to Automatically Connect and then click Connect and Save.

If you have switched it off you may need to go up the wifi right click menu to Deactivate Connection>Enable Connection

Last edited by bin (2022-03-01 12:41)

#3 2022-03-01 13:41

pametnix

Thanks for the answer Bin. So, I rebooted from Live into regular OS, and WiFi just works. Just to be sure, I have then turned off computer, pulled out usb adapter, and waited for 10 minutes. After turning on computer with usb adapter, everything works. It's interesting. Yesterday I turned it off and today in the morning it didn't work. Maybe it was some temporary bug, maybe it passed too much time after turning it off. I will monitor what happens in the following days. If it doesn't work tomorrow, I will try Bin's advice.

#4 2022-03-04 11:25

pametnix

Just to wrap up this after few days - both wifi and usb adapter work. However, it seems that sometimes usb adapter just doesn't connect at first try. I think that the problem is with wifi network - it works, but it has many users, so probably signal comes and goes. For example, today even Live didn't connect at first, so I waited and then it did. Now, installed Q4OS is connected, yet the message that connection attempt failed and that network ip configuration is unavailable shows periodically. So, IMHO, the problem is not with Q4OS.

Board footer