You are not logged in.

#1 2022-01-10 18:21

magenta-cuda

A start job is running for /dev/disk/by-uuid/... ...( ??s / 1 min 30s)

32-bit Q4OS Trinity (Distro: Q4OS 4.7.1-n1) works quite well for me and has become my daily driver. However, there are some annoyances that I have not been able to solve. It takes several minutes to boot. Part of the problem may be related to the boot time message:

This message is displayed for over a minute during boot. What is the start job? Can this delay be made smaller?

I don't think this is relevant but the partition created by the installer did not have a ldlinux.sys so I manually installed it using extlinux other than that I believe my installation process was normal.

#2 2022-01-11 03:34

Tolkem

Re: A start job is running for /dev/disk/by-uuid/... ...( ??s / 1 min 30s)

magenta-cuda wrote:

32-bit Q4OS Trinity (Distro: Q4OS 4.7.1-n1) works quite well for me and has become my daily driver. However, there are some annoyances that I have not been able to solve. It takes several minutes to boot. Part of the problem may be related to the boot time message:

This message is displayed for over a minute during boot. What is the start job? Can this delay be made smaller?

I don't think this is relevant but the partition created by the installer did not have a ldlinux.sys so I manually installed it using extlinux other than that I believe my installation process was normal.

I've seen that message before, and it was something related to the swap partition not being found. Check the UUID and if it matches swap's, then you'll probably need to add it to fstab file.

#3 2022-01-11 06:41

magenta-cuda

@Tolkem, Thank-you very much, adding an entry for the swap partition to fstab has dramatically reduced my boot time. I originally intended to run Q4OS on two different computers from a USB flash drive but using the swap partition from each computer's hard disk so I have been manually doing a swapon. However, that was not smart as you can have multiple swap entries in fstab and Linux will just ignore entries for partitions that do not exists.

#4 2022-01-11 12:27

Tolkem

magenta-cuda wrote:

@Tolkem, Thank-you very much, adding an entry for the swap partition to fstab has dramatically reduced my boot time. I originally intended to run Q4OS on two different computers from a USB flash drive but using the swap partition from each computer's hard disk so I have been manually doing a swapon. However, that was not smart as you can have multiple swap entries in fstab and Linux will just ignore entries for partitions that do not exists.

You're welcome. Glad it worked. smile

Board footer