You are not logged in.

#1 2021-11-11 15:56

globetrotterdk

(Solved) Unable to add Samsung SL-C430W printer. Q4OS Gemini install.

The subject pretty much says it all. I have tried both with gufw enabled and ports 631 and 9100 opened, and with gufw disabled. The uld drivers are installed, but nothing is detected in the KDE "printers" dialog, nor in the cups http://localhost:631 dialog. Ideas? The printer is currently connected via ethernet, but should also be detected on WiFi.

Last edited by globetrotterdk (2021-11-13 13:45)

Attachments:
png gufw.png, Size: 35.26 KiB, Downloads: 226

I’ve had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn’t it. - Groucho Marx

#2 2021-11-12 07:16

bin

Re: (Solved) Unable to add Samsung SL-C430W printer. Q4OS Gemini install.

When you run through the Add Printer dialogue, what protocol are you using to connect to the network printer? Can you verify the IP address of the printer - not always easy if it uses dhcp, so can you fix that address on the printer control panel?

If - for example - you used LPD and then add the correct IP address, you should then get to a list of printers. Is your printer in that list?

Looking through the installer it just provides a whole lot of ppds. My guess is that yours is the one attached. If you simply point the printer installer at that ppd when required, does that help?

Attachments:
ppd Samsung_C43x_Series.ppd, Size: 31.62 KiB, Downloads: 258

#3 2021-11-12 10:47

globetrotterdk

Thanks for the reply. Normally in KDE Plasma, when the printer settings are opened to setup a new printer, the printer should just appear on a row by itself. This can sometimes be switched to various protocols and the printer will appear under the various protocols. However, in this case nothing appears at all, when the printer is wireless or connected to ethernet.

Interestingly, I was able to setup the printer after I connected it by USB cable to my computer. WiFi and ethernet connections still do not function, however.

#4 2021-11-13 06:32

bin

There's some interesting stuff in this:-

https://www.linuxquestions.org/question … page2.html

#5 2021-11-13 13:44

globetrotterdk

bin wrote:

There's some interesting stuff in this:-

https://www.linuxquestions.org/question … page2.html

Hmm. Interesting. I have changed VPN provider since that post, but haven't been home for nine months, so I forgot about this. Mullvad unfortunately doesn't appear to provide an easy white listing solution, but I am fine with the USB connection, as long as I can reasonably expect the ethernet and WiFi connections to function, should I change for some reason...

Board footer