You are not logged in.

#1 2021-09-28 10:03

bugmenot

New Default Desktop Wallpaper

I'm tired of looking at the same exact Debian Defaults whenever I open this OS.

So I propose a new original one, completely free.

It's made in Inkscape under the CC BY-SA 4.0:

Q4OS.png

Link below contains the ZIP with the SVG and PNG:

https://ufile.io/vhaeuxkk

Last edited by bugmenot (2021-09-28 10:12)

#2 2021-09-28 10:07

q4osteam
Q4OS Team
Website

Re: New Default Desktop Wallpaper

Thanks, that looks great. We will use it for Q4OS themes. We can also recommend you to install Lookswitcher application and change the Plasma Global theme to the Q4OS Debonaire.

Your forum account has been promoted, so you are now allowed to post links and attach files.

#3 2021-09-28 10:15

bugmenot

Thank you as well...

But I'll keep the link because the ZIP is too big anyway.

#4 2021-10-29 07:00

BonusBrain

This is something I have raised here before based on my experience of working with large numbers of Linux users. Not trying to diminish anyone’s abilities here but by ‘users’ I mean people with only basic knowledge who just want to install a Linux system and use it. Their mindset is totally different to developers whose natural focus is on maintaining their project(s). Users like to, and most often need, to feel a unique identity with the system they choose to use. This is exactly why so many wallpaper choices exist for the likes of Manjaro, MX and Endeavour etc. I’m convinced that if more wallpaper options existed for Q4OS the adoption rate would increase.

#5 2021-10-29 14:32

crosscourt
Website

Totally agree BonusBrain as Ive posted similar comments the last few years. Attracting and giving users the ability to identify and feel they are part of the distro they use does increase adoption and retention rates. Most users, are also mainstream and appreciate less command line and more GUI tools as well. The move to offer MX Tools is a good one, but why not create something exclusive to Q4OS to further separate yourself from other distros rather than copying them. That said the devs have only so much time to create their product and smaller teams simply cant run with all ideas.
Maybe having a wallpaper contest might generate more interest and provide some new wallpapers for users.

Q4OS Aquarius 5.1 KDE   Lenovo Thinkcentre M900 Tiny i5-6500T, 16gb ddr4 ram, 512gb m.2 ssd

Board footer