You are not logged in.

#1 2021-09-08 11:38

Dubdjizs

Gurb won't allow boot to Windows 10 (Gemini)

Hi guys, i'm new to linux, and i have a problem with Gurb that comes with 'Q4OS Gemini, Trinity, install-cd - 64bit/x64' package (Q4OS 4.5). It boots straight to Q4OS without giving me an option to boot to Windows 10. I thought about disabling 'Force UEFI boot' when i was installing Q4OS because i don't have UEFI bios. Sorry for the poor english. Thanks!

#2 2021-09-09 07:28

q4osteam
Q4OS Team
Website

Re: Gurb won't allow boot to Windows 10 (Gemini)

Dubdjizs wrote:

I thought about disabling 'Force UEFI boot' when i was installing Q4OS because i don't have UEFI bios.

If you disable UEFI feature, Windows  will not boot, if installed in UEFI mode. We would recommend you to revert BIOS back to the default settings and just install Q4OS, the GRUB should provide dual boot option.

#3 2021-09-11 12:35

Dubdjizs

Re: Gurb won't allow boot to Windows 10 (Gemini)

q4osteam wrote:
Dubdjizs wrote:

I thought about disabling 'Force UEFI boot' when i was installing Q4OS because i don't have UEFI bios.

If you disable UEFI feature, Windows  will not boot, if installed in UEFI mode. We would recommend you to revert BIOS back to the default settings and just install Q4OS, the GRUB should provide dual boot option.

I burned a Windows 10 Installation ISO to my USB and revert back to Windows bootloader with bootsect command.

It worked, but i can't boot to Q4OS anymore so i guess i should delete Q4OS for now. I guess i should stick to Windows Installer/Live version from now on when i want to use Q4OS again later.

Anyway, thanks for the support and great OS you guys made.

Board footer