You are not logged in.

#1 2021-09-07 18:44

MCDarkVeil

Enable Root Login?

I know that logging in as a root user seems to be taboo among the Linux community, but that's exactly why I'm here. No matter how hard I look, I can't find an answer on how to enable root login on Q4OS. I did find something which *works* but isn't exactly what I'm looking for, which is to simply log into the terminal as root, and then use "startx", but I don't want to have to log in through the terminal, I just want to use the Trinity login screen.

Unless logging in as a root user means that people can remotely access my computer with no password, I don't see the problem with it, and can't understand why everybody just says "You don't" when a question like this is asked. I'd really like to switch from Windows to Linux, however, I've encountered so many problems relating to not having root access, that this will be the thing which keeps me from switching at this rate, if I can't find a solution.

Surely there must be a configuration file for Q4OS, or I guess, for Trinity, which would allow me to change this, right?

#2 2021-09-07 20:06

q4osteam
Q4OS Team
Website

Re: Enable Root Login?

You need to use "sudo su" command in terminal, you will get root command prompt.

In case you need, for some peculiar reason, full root login, just type in terminal:
$ sudo passwd -u
$ sudo passwd
and configure root's new password.

#3 2021-09-08 05:22

MCDarkVeil

Re: Enable Root Login?

q4osteam wrote:

You need to use "sudo su" command in terminal, you will get root command prompt.

In case you need, for some peculiar reason, full root login, just type in terminal:
$ sudo passwd -u
$ sudo passwd
and configure root's new password.

This is exactly the answer I was looking for. Thanks so much.

Board footer