You are not logged in.

#1 2021-08-22 19:37

artemis

Q4OS does not boot after installation alongside with Windows

Hi there,

I am new to Q4OS and wanted to try it out first alongside with Windows. I used the Windows installer to install Q4OS in a new Partition (E:) just used for Q4OS. The whole installation process worked fine however Q4OS cannot be started as I get the following error:

"Boot chainload, phase 1 ...unmount: can't unmount /host1: Invalid argument Host filesystem not found, make Windows partition accessible. Press [Enter} to reboot .."

After reading some posts here I checked if there is a root.disk in the folder E:\debian\disks directory. The file is there but not swap-file. The only other file is rootfake.disk.

Can someone help?

Thanks!

#2 2021-08-22 22:19

q4osteam
Q4OS Team
Website

Re: Q4OS does not boot after installation alongside with Windows

artemis wrote:

After reading some posts here I checked if there is a root.disk in the folder E:\debian\disks directory. The file is there but not swap-file. The only other file is rootfake.disk.

That's correct, the swap.disk is created upon the first Q4OS boot and rootfake.disk is deleted.

Does your BIOS feature UEFI, UEFI with secure boot, or legacy BIOS boot ?

#3 2021-08-23 07:12

artemis

Re: Q4OS does not boot after installation alongside with Windows

My BIOS is a UEFI BIOS with secure boot. I tried both settings (On/Off) for secure boot already. With both settings I get the same error message.

Board footer