You are not logged in.

#1 2021-05-03 03:31

boydg1

Thunderbird E-mail

I do not always download my E-mail on a regular basis and sometimes it gets ahead of me. I notice that when I have a couple hundred E-mails they come down very quickly, like two or three per second until I get to the last twenty to thirty. Then they come down one at a time at the rate of approx. 20, 40, 50 seconds per E-mail. I have noticed this more than just once and it takes (it seems) forever. Would appreciate your comments.

#2 2021-05-03 05:45

bin

Re: Thunderbird E-mail

POP or IMAP?
Could be synchronisation settings, could be cache.
Try searching "Thunderbird <your_protocol> slow"
There's loads of info out there.
Tbird is a bit of a slug.
Right click on mail folder and Compact is always useful
Forget Tbird and use webmail if your service provider allows it.

#3 2021-05-03 06:01

boydg1

Thanks bin, will give it a shot.

#4 2021-05-03 13:50

Tolkem

boydg1 wrote:

I do not always download my E-mail on a regular basis and sometimes it gets ahead of me. I notice that when I have a couple hundred E-mails they come down very quickly, like two or three per second until I get to the last twenty to thirty. Then they come down one at a time at the rate of approx. 20, 40, 50 seconds per E-mail. I have noticed this more than just once and it takes (it seems) forever. Would appreciate your comments.

I use claws-mail. It's way faster than TB and easy to use, if you're ok with not being able to read and/or send HTML formatted mails, that is, you get a txt version of the received emails and can only write txt simple ones, though there are some plugins that allow you to read but not send, then you might consider giving it try.

#5 2021-05-03 17:45

aluma

Firefox behaved in much the same way when the next tab ran out of memory.
I doubt it, of course, but just in case I would open ksysguard and look at the memory reserve.

Board footer