You are not logged in.

#1 2021-04-22 12:55

Botsos

Login problem

Hi,

I have installed q4os with windows installer, the installation completes and then it asks for reboot.
When i reboot i choose q4os and it asks for a login and password. I fill the name and password I put in installation options when i run the installation file, but it says it's not correct, so I can't boot in q4os.

#2 2021-04-22 16:15

Tolkem

Re: Login problem

Botsos wrote:

Hi,

I have installed q4os with windows installer, the installation completes and then it asks for reboot.
When i reboot i choose q4os and it asks for a login and password. I fill the name and password I put in installation options when i run the installation file, but it says it's not correct, so I can't boot in q4os.

Did you install Q4OS with Trinity or Plasma? Do you get to the display manager, i.e. SDDM or TDE display manager? Are you typing your username and password in a text-mode only black screen?

#3 2021-04-22 20:09

aluma

There is such an error (I had it when changing the locale during installation), I wrote about it earlier.
There are several solutions, but the easiest for an inexperienced user is to reinstall with autologin enabled. Then, after logging into the system, open the terminal, write passwd and enter the password, you can do the same.

#4 2021-04-22 20:59

Botsos

Tolkem wrote:
Botsos wrote:

Hi,

Did you install Q4OS with Trinity or Plasma? Do you get to the display manager, i.e. SDDM or TDE display manager? Are you typing your username and password in a text-mode only black screen?

I installed Q4OS Centaurus 3.0 via windows installer.
When it boots i get a black screen with these:
Debian GNU/Linux 10 q4os-pc tty1
q4os-pc login:
q4os-pc password:

And then it says is wrong whatever i fill

#5 2021-04-22 21:04

Botsos

aluma wrote:

There is such an error (I had it when changing the locale during installation), I wrote about it earlier.
There are several solutions, but the easiest for an inexperienced user is to reinstall with autologin enabled. Then, after logging into the system, open the terminal, write passwd and enter the password, you can do the same.

Sorry, i don't understand how to do this.

#6 2021-04-23 05:22

Tolkem

I installed Q4OS Centaurus 3.0 via windows installer.
When it boots i get a black screen with these:
Debian GNU/Linux 10 q4os-pc tty1
q4os-pc login:
q4os-pc password:

And then it says is wrong whatever i fill

I guess q4os-pc is not the username you set when installed the system, is it? That's why it doesn't accept the credentials you're providing. I've never used that Windows' installer. I dual-boot Windows and Q4OS, but I installed it using the .iso file https://www.q4os.org/downloads1.html and it is in a different partition, I find it easier that way, but I've seen some videos on YouTube of other people using it, and it always worked. You might have to reinstall, I know it's pain but sometimes it's the only choice we have if we want everything to work as expected, and from what I've seen in those videos uninstall it isn't that difficult, you do it just like a regular Windows' app via control panel > programs. It might be possible to fix by booting to a Live USB with Q4OS and chroot into the system, then again, I'm not entirely sure how that works when installed using the method you used. Sorry for not providing you with a reliable solution but I don't have one.

#7 2021-04-23 06:09

aluma

Botsos wrote:

Sorry, i don't understand how to do this.

I apologize, it is difficult to advise something without full information.
A black prompt screen indicates that the system is not fully loaded. Graphics subsystem, X-server is not loaded.
I would just reinstall.
Perhaps there was an error during installation, perhaps something with the video card driver.

PS.
If you type your login on this black screen, it will ask for a password, specifying it, you will enter the system in text mode.
But this is for especially cool Linux users. smile
Autologin is a feature selected during installation that allows you to log into the system without typing a password.

Last edited by aluma (2021-04-23 06:22)

#8 2021-04-23 09:09

Botsos

Thank you both for your answers. I will try the iso installation.

#9 2021-04-23 13:14

Tolkem

Botsos wrote:

Thank you both for your answers. I will try the iso installation.

You're welcome. When the installer asks you what to do with Windows, which it will, choose install alongside or some similar wording, sorry can't remember the exact words, but it's close smile With this option the installer will partition the drive accordingly; it'll make room for Q4OS.
This is one of those videos I talked you about showing how to install Q4OS from Windows:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sj0a0yg … MGCgJlcxAB

Board footer