You are not logged in.

#1 2021-03-19 12:16

bin

Latest Quark - good stuff

Well, with nothing else to do right now I've been having a look at the latest Ubuntu/Kubuntu/Q4OS release of Quark. I chose to go with the Windows Look version for fun more than anything else.

I have a confession to make.

In the past I have made my feelings about Plasma known on more than one occasion. BUT, for some reason this one actually seems to be OK. It's a lot of small differences over the Debian versions rather than any one thing I can put a finger on. Once all the animations and tweaky fiddles are switched off it does seem to work well.

I've got both Quark and Centaurus Plasma running side by side now in VMs for comparison.

Have I been converted? Will I give up my beloved TDE for this upstart Plasma pretender? You know - I may just be tempted..... wink

#2 2021-03-19 15:58

crosscourt
Website

Re: Latest Quark - good stuff

As Ive said before on this forum with no disrespect meant to the TDE version nor the Debian KDE version but Quark is excellent. As you say bin, it has many little things that add up to a much better experience and would wish for a stable supported regular version as part of the Q4OS family.

Q4OS Aquarius 5.1 KDE   Lenovo Thinkcentre M900 Tiny i5-6500T, 16gb ddr4 ram, 512gb m.2 ssd

Board footer