You are not logged in.

#1 2021-02-14 03:02

HAL_2000

Smart Doorbell Support (Linux?) ECL-SM210

Greetings experienced Linux Users,

One of the great things about Linux is finding out that if there is a Windows (or other OS) App, someone has probably ginned up its equivalent in Linux.

Does anyone know of a Linux application that can pair an Eclipse ECL-SM210 smart door bell with home Wifi (2.4 GHz)?

Here is the link to the Eclipse Smart Doorbell product page:
https://www.eclipsesmarthome.com/produc … ll-camera/

Near the bottom of that page are instructions and specifications in pdf format.

To the best of my understanding, the doorbell is a motion activated all weather camera, connected to the home WiFi network at the 2.4 GHz range. 

The native application requires a Smartphone user to install the App using QR codes and to download the Smart Home app from the Google Play website.

If possible, I would like to be able to use this device without Google.

Thus, I imagine that there are three levels of communication:

1)  The most rudimentary is the wireless link between the doorbell itself and the actual doorbell chime, which is a separate device, located in the home and powered by a USB port. 

2)  Probably the means of the doorbell communicating with the interior chime is using the homes' WiFi.  At that level, any recording stays  resident on the device itself onto a SD Micro card, mounted within the Doorbell.

3) At another level is the device communicating with your Smart Phone (I understand that both iPhones and Android are compatible with the standard application).  In addition to this, by using a paid subscription, you can have data uploaded to the cloud.

I understand that the Android OS is essentially Linux, overlain with a security layer.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Android_( … ng_system)

So, to sum up the questions:

4) does anyone know if there is a Linux app that could facilitate communication with the doorbell and the internally-located chime?

5) "----------------------------------" facilitate communication between the doorbell and a paired Smartphone?

6)  In addition to the above, or perhaps in the alternative, to be able to send the audio/video feed from the doorbell to a home DVR over WiFi?

Perhaps an app that allows you to upload data from the Doorbell camera into the Cloud might be too much to ask, but if I can get the first few aspects covered, that would be a very good thing.

Thanks in advance.

[Dave] Open the pod bay doors, HAL....  [HAL] I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that. [BSOD]

Board footer