You are not logged in.

#1 2020-12-27 07:39

globetrotterdk

budgie-extras package missing for Q4OS Budgie Desktop (Solved).

I have been doing some more experimenting with Q4OS, and I believe that I have been largely successful installing a Budgie Desktop system without any other DEs involved. However, there are a few problems:

1) The "budgie-extras" package is unavailable for install. The "budgie-extras-common" package is available and got installed, but unfortunately not much use without the other.
2) The Gnome 3 file manager "Files" is unavailable for install as far as I can tell.
3) I am able to set a desktop background in the Budgie preferences, but nothing happens. Something is missing. I am using GDM3 as login manager, but there is clearly another component needed to set the desltop background properly.

Your mileage may vary with the above as I have never used Gnome 3, basically only glancing at it in the past, but I am positive that the budgie-extras package is AWOL in Synaptic. Lastly, while I don't connect to Samba shares, I do have Samba temporarily installed. It probably would be useful for people connecting to Samba shares to have a graphical interface in Budgie, but maybe I am just missing something obvious...

Last edited by globetrotterdk (2020-12-27 13:00)

I’ve had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn’t it. - Groucho Marx

#2 2020-12-27 07:50

globetrotterdk

Re: budgie-extras package missing for Q4OS Budgie Desktop (Solved).

$ sudo apt install --install-recommends budgie-desktop

Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree       
Reading state information... Done
budgie-desktop is already the newest version (10.5-1).
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.

This isn't correct, as I still don't have a file manager...

Last edited by globetrotterdk (2020-12-27 08:18)

#3 2020-12-27 13:00

globetrotterdk

Re: budgie-extras package missing for Q4OS Budgie Desktop (Solved).

I just did a vanilla Debian LXDE install and then installed Budgie and ran the command to draw in more Budgie items. Exactly same problem, so the problem isn’t with Q4OS, it’s downstream in Debian.

Last edited by globetrotterdk (2020-12-27 13:01)

Board footer