You are not logged in.

#1 2020-10-09 15:51

vmrey

Update failed

Hello, I am using 32-bit q40s, trinity, yesterday I updated the system (I did not notice that it was stuck) and when I restart I see that the screen is moved a little to the left.

Once I had that problem and they recommended me to check something that corresponds to TDE from the screen settings. and it was solved

But now I have this problem again.
Where it says which monitor I have it does not show anything, as if it did not detect the monitor (in my case it is a tv, led or lsd ... half old) Before it said simply Monitor without brand or anything, but it was at 1024 x 768. which is your maximum resolution.

Would you like to know if it can be solved?
Or maybe you should go back that is, before the update.

I don't know how to do this step, I don't know if it's the same on all linux, that's why I'm asking here.

My machine is old, Pentium 4 with 2 gb of ram and a 256 video card I think.
Now I'm using 32-bit mx, and it seemed to me that q4os was a little bit faster.

my language is Spanish, I translated with google
Thank you

#2 2020-10-10 18:57

hchiper

Re: Update failed

I barely understand the description of your problem.
What do you designate when you write "it"? Can you use names instead of "it"? If it's hard to describe with words, use a screenshot.
By the way, a desktop screen has buttons to adjust the size and position of the display.

Q4OS machines: [Samsung R519 - Pentium T4200 2.0 GHz - 4 GB RAM - 500 GB SSD] & [Sony Vaio - Pentium P6000 1.87 GHz - 8 GB RAM - 500 GB SSD]

#3 2020-10-10 20:23

vmrey

Re: Update failed

hchiper wrote:

I barely understand the description of your problem.
What do you designate when you write "it"? Can you use names instead of "it"? If it's hard to describe with words, use a screenshot.
By the way, a desktop screen has buttons to adjust the size and position of the display.

The translation is done by google

Well i fixed it
In Peripherals / Screen, the refresh rate was set to 61 Hz, I corrected it to 60 Hz and it solved

This was after an update, maybe because I disabled the system check at startup (I was recommended to do it to make startup and shutdown faster)

I would like to know how to go back to the previous point of an update

Thank you

Board footer