You are not logged in.

#1 2020-06-27 19:43

Dai_trying
Website

TDE version of GEMINI

Will there be a TDE version of the testing image? (GEMINI) as the download size is double the stable version (Centaurus) and I see its Plasma based now.

#2 2020-06-27 21:24

q4osteam
Q4OS Team
Website

Re: TDE version of GEMINI

Yes, it will be available, however the release date is not determined yet. Anyway, it's possible to install the Plasma version available, and let the new Desktop profiler to strip the system into the one of the desktop profiles from the list. One of the new Desktop profiler features is ability to remove superfluous packages, that don't belong to the selected profile. At the same time tell Desktop profiler to install Trinity desktop and subsequently you could remove Plasma desktop:

$ sudo apt autoremove q4os-desktop-plasma

The resulted system will feature TDE desktop only, the profile selected, and no Plasma.

#3 2020-06-27 21:32

Dai_trying
Website

Re: TDE version of GEMINI

Thanks guys, the biggest problem here is that sourceforge is limiting the download speed to 200kb and so downloading it takes hours! I only have about half an hour to go with this download so I'll be ok for this version but will probably hold off trying newer versions until the TDE one is available.

Board footer