You are not logged in.

#1 2020-06-24 11:05

ddurand42

partitionning NFTS impossible

On my laptop, i have lubuntu and windows 7 on double boot.
I want to replace lubuntu by 4QOS centurion
during the install and manual martitionning, I want to keep my two windows partitions which the are in NFTS format.
Or 4QOS doesn't propose NFTS format : many others but not this one so if I continue, my two windows partitions will be formated on others format ?
Is it possible to have the choice to recognize NFTS format ?

Thank you

DD

#2 2020-06-25 12:34

franky44

Re: partitionning NFTS impossible

I've run into this situation before. During the Q4 installation, it should recognize Windows on one of your partitions. It will ask if you want to install alongside Windows. Well, most of the time install program will see the NTFS partition. 

Another way to go is to install Q4 through Windows. I'm not sure if it will work with Windows 7, but I know it works with Windows 10. I thought I saw it in the download files.

#3 2020-06-25 21:41

Midas

I can confirm Windows install works on Windows 7, which is what I have on my laptop.

#4 2020-06-26 07:14

ddurand42

Thank you for helping

I'm sorry but QT4 installer doesn't propose to install Linux along Windows (Ubuntu or debian installer did this but not Q4OS) : it propose only "assisted" or "manual" partitionning...
(Or I missed this option , but where ?)

I don't want to install Linux inside Windows... Linux Lubuntu is already installed, I just want to replace Lubuntu by Q4OS...

Daniel

Board footer