You are not logged in.

#1 2020-01-25 08:26

pith

snapshot/remaster

Love this os
After setting up everything to my liking, I like to make an iso of my working sytem, and reinstall when or if I get issues.
Like the old program called remastersys. Mx linux has a snapshot utility for example.
I am using the timeshift app, and it works fine, but would love a program that saves to iso, to be written to usb .
cheers

#2 2020-01-25 21:52

DavidB
Website

Re: snapshot/remaster

I've never used it myself, but there's a program n the Q4OS repositories called "Bootcd" that may do what you're wanting to do.

Current setup:  Acer Aspire One D257 / Q4OS Centaurus / TDE / SeaMonkey 2.53.8.1

#3 2020-01-25 23:42

pith

Thanks. I have never heard of Bootcd . It's quite old.
My version is plasma btw.
I installed brave browser using the commands from brave's website. Works perfectly.
Any chance of brave in the repo in the future?

#4 2020-11-15 03:16

bobby
Website

pith wrote:

Love this os
After setting up everything to my liking, I like to make an iso of my working sytem, and reinstall when or if I get issues.
Like the old program called remastersys. Mx linux has a snapshot utility for example.
I am using the timeshift app, and it works fine, but would love a program that saves to iso, to be written to usb .
cheers

See my Q4OS Forum Post about Remastering your configured Q4OS installation. Its all done with terminal commands, no special compiled programs necessary. Feel free to let me know if you have questions.

bobby

https://www.q4os.org/forum/viewtopic.php?id=3208

No Longer Using Q4OS

Board footer