You are not logged in.

#1 2020-01-12 12:26

VikingBel

Asus EeePC 1101HA installation

An old EeePC was on the shelf since a lot of years and, consequently to an article published on a website very recently, I decided to try Q4OS.

After having downloaded the 32 bit version and copied the iso file to an USB key, the installation went very smoothly. The Q4OS is wonderful as it runs normally and fast enough.

I had a small issue with the sound, which was crackling. 
Used the first solution found in some forums :
edit the file /etc/pulse/default.pa and change the line that says:
load-module module-udev-detect
to
load-module module-udev-detect tsched=0
After editing the file, rebooting the computer did not changed very much.

Used then the second solution which was the good one ( found on wiki.ubuntu.com/Audio/PositionReporting  )
creating the /etc/modprobe.d/alsa-base.conf file, and add
options snd-hda-intel position_fix=1
After editing the file, and rebooting the computer, the KDE login sound plays perfect.

Just a pity there is no more skype 32 bit updated version.

#2 2020-01-12 14:22

bin

Re: Asus EeePC 1101HA installation

Well done for locating a fix for your EeePC and welcome to the forum and Q4OS.

Hopefully your info will be of help to others in the future.

#3 2020-01-13 22:53

DavidB
Website

I have Q4OS running on my EeePC 701.  I use it as a file server for my Commodore 64 (it's like a virtual floppy disk drive with all of my Commodore disk images stored on it).  It runs just fine on the EeePC with the TDE desktop.

Current setup:  Acer Aspire One D257 / Q4OS Centaurus / TDE / SeaMonkey 2.53.8.1

#4 2021-06-04 17:10

Elenikgr

Hello to all,

I have the exact same PC (Asus eee pc 1101ha) with the exact same problem. NO sound at all. I tried the solution you propose but whenever I want to save the changes or create the file/document it gives me the message "access denied" despite I have used all my credentials and passwords.
I have also checked the BIOS and all the peripherals are enabled so not a mech-error.
Any help will be greately appreciated. I am running the last Q4OS in 32bit.

** I have downloaded and isntalled successfully the Skype app in: Dell 1415 (32 bit channel), and to both my other two old minis: Asus eee pc 1000H  and a Samsung N145 plus with no problems. I googled Skype for 32bit and downloaded the app. Truth be told, I didn;t expect it to work, but it did, fairly well. It is a bit laggy, due to low specks of the machines, but still, ok.*

Board footer