You are not logged in.

#1 2020-01-08 01:00

wove

I could use some pointers on python scripts

I am an application user and not a programer. I installed a set of python scripts found here github.com/janten/dpt-rp1-py. I had to install python3-pip to make them work.

Generally speaking the scripts work fine. I can connect to my Sony DPT. I can move files from the Sony to the computer and the computer to the Sony. I should be able to mount the Sony DPT on the computer, but I have not been able to make that work.

According to the directions I should be able to use this command: "dptmount /my/mountpoint/"

I understand that "/my/mountpoint" is a place holder for some specific directory on my computer. I have tried "/home/wove/SonyStuff" and several variations on folders which exist. I just get errors "TypeError: argument of type 'NoneType' is not iterable".

I know nothing of python and was hoping that someone who might be familiar with python could give me some pointer to what I might be getting wrong. I am getting my Sony DPT registered, I can use the command line to tranfer files back and forth, but I can not make the mounting work.

Have a nice evening.
bill

#2 2020-01-08 09:09

Dai_trying

Re: I could use some pointers on python scripts

Have you installed libfuse? Looking through the Debian repositories I would guess the package you would need would be libfuse3-3.

Have you created your dpt-rp1.conf file? (~/.config/dpt-rp1.conf)

Have you created your deviceid.dat file? (~/.config/dpt/deviceid.dat in the example from github)

Have you created your private key? (~/.config/dpt/privatekey.dat in the example from github)

And are you pointing to your  files correctly in your dpt-rpi.conf? .

#3 2020-01-08 16:54

wove

Re: I could use some pointers on python scripts

Thank you for the helpful pointers.

I was tripped up by the instructions. "Everything else is optional." You can use either the device IP address or the serial number, however the file paths in the config are in fact required and once added to the config file it took off working.

Saddly after the effort the dptmount is of no practical use to me. The commands to transfer files (upload/download) work well and require no configuration at all.

I am delighted this works in Q4OS. The Sony DPT-RP1 is a very niche device and having access to its data from Linux is very nice.

Thanks again for the helpful pointers and have a nice day.

bill

Board footer