You are not logged in.

#1 2018-11-26 01:47

JimW

*SOLVED* Pi Problems

I finally got my PI 3B. I used q4os-2.6-rpi.r5.img and it booted up with no problems. it even found the WIFI connection. However, after boot I was unable to access the internet, even though it showed connected. Nor could I access the internet from my desktop, which is connected via cat5. It almost looks like the PI is in some way blocking external internet access. I rebooted the router with no results. Finally, after turning the PI off, I was able to access the internet on my desktop and tablets (which were also blocked). Starting the PI again resulted in the same blocking happening again.
I have not tried a cat 5 cable to the PI, but will check things out further tomorrow evening. Not having internet access means that I cannot set up the desktop profile or install any apps via synaptic.
Other than that problem it looks to be running very well!

Last edited by JimW (2018-12-07 15:29)

#2 2018-11-27 03:26

JimW

Re: *SOLVED* Pi Problems

I tried again with the same results. So I downloaded and burned 2018-11-13-raspbian-stretch-full.img
It is currently downloading updates without blocking all internet traffic. I don't know what is going on with Q4OS but it seems to block the router. The router shows to still be connected to the internet but nothing local can access it when the PI is running q4os-2.6-rpi.r5.img, shutting down the PI lets local computers access to the internet.
I have never encountered this happening before and am not sure how to resolve it.

Raspbian works, Q4OS does not!

#3 2018-11-27 10:37

Dai_trying

I haven't used my Pi in a while but will download the latest image and test it (busy this morning but will do it this afternoon) but it is only an old one so not sure if I will see the same results but will post here with what I find.

#4 2018-11-27 14:47

q4osteam
Q4OS Team
Website

We are not able to reproduce the issue so far, but we will continue to investigate that thoroughly, and report here.

Did anyone else notice a similar issue ?

#5 2018-11-27 21:01

JimW

It is possible that I got a glitch in the download. If no one has a problem with it and when I get time I will re-download it and try again. Since I am familiar with Q4OS I much prefer it to Raspian.

#6 2018-11-28 09:53

q4osteam
Q4OS Team
Website

@JimW

We are still not able to reproduce that. You could try to check and fiddle with the following settings, one by one:
1. Remove "wifi.scan-rand-mac-address" line from the "/etc/NetworkManager/NetworkManager.conf" file.
2. Run "sudo raspi-config" tool in terminal > select "2 Network Options" > "N3 Network interface names" > set "Enable predictable interface names"
3. Test your Pi board networking within a different LAN network behind another router, if possible.
4. Check/reset your router configuration.
Please report back the result, as it could help us to fix this glitch.

#7 2018-11-28 15:54

Dai_trying

I found the time to test it on my old Pi board and everything is working as it should (albeit slowly) although I did not expect to have the same problem as I am using a usb wifi dongle and would guess the problem (if it occurs again) would likely be the built-in wifi of the new Pi boards.

#8 2018-12-06 23:20

JimW

Finally got back to this!
Did everything except #3
Not blocking other computers now, but
running Desktop Profiler I get an error code 30.
I was getting that before but thought it was a network problem, may still be.
When I open the browser (on the desktop) I get
"An error occurred while loading https://www.q4os.org/.
Unknown host www.q4os.org"

Edit to add
Checked the network icon and it showed disconnected. So I connected to my home network and checked the browser. It connects now. Rebooting and will try the Desktop profiler again.

Second Edit
Ok, installing desktop profile now. Looks like something fixed it!
Thanks guys!!!
(hope you have a great Christmas!)

Last edited by JimW (2018-12-06 23:27)

#9 2018-12-06 23:35

JimW

Another possibility that I just discovered was that I was running my HDMI display from the USB on my computer. During these last tests I had it connected to my PI. Switching back to my desktop USB caused a lockout of the internet. Currently running it on another USB adapter and seems to be working.
Now I gotta re-run Desktop Profiler and NOT mess with things!

Board footer