You are not logged in.

#1 2018-03-27 19:25

Dai_trying

Dev-pack for Centaurus

Hi, I was wondering if it would be possible to provide a blank dev-pack that will provide the Q4OS installer scripts to create .esh files for Centaurus, I have tried installing the dev-pack (2.4.1-a1) but the dependencies are not met.

My main goal at the moment is to create an installer that is specifically for Centaurus which I cannot do using the version variables in the script from a Scorpion installation as it needs (or appears to need) the targeted version to compile successfully. So I only really need this functionality as I have the full Dev-Pack installed with Scorpion.

#2 2018-03-27 21:20

q4osteam
Q4OS Team
Website

Re: Dev-pack for Centaurus

Dai_trying wrote:

Hi, I was wondering if it would be possible to provide a blank dev-pack that will provide the Q4OS installer scripts to create .esh files for Centaurus, I have tried installing the dev-pack (2.4.1-a1) but the dependencies are not met.

It looks like a temporary dependency issue in Debian Buster, as the 'qtcreator' package is not installable at the moment. We would recommend to wait awhile, the dev-pack 2.4.1-a1 should be ready to install as soon as the Debian issue will be fixed. Anyway the blank devpack installer is attached below for you, you can simply install/uninstall it as needed.

Dai_trying wrote:

My main goal at the moment is to create an installer that is specifically for Centaurus which I cannot do using the version variables in the script from a Scorpion installation as it needs (or appears to need) the targeted version to compile successfully. So I only really need this functionality as I have the full Dev-Pack installed with Scorpion.

It shouldn't matter which Debian/Q4OS version the compilation is made on. The generated installer should be the same on both Scorpion/Centaurus. If it isn't, please specify it in more detail for us to be able to check and fix that.

Attachments:
esh setup_q4os-devpack_2.4.1-a1-nodeps_all.esh, Size: 92.5 KiB, Downloads: 904

#3 2018-03-27 21:49

Dai_trying

I just ran a quick test after reading your post and you are right the test did succeed and I must have made a mistake on my previous attempt, maybe I put a bad variable or something, anyway thank you for the blank installer and I will look out for when Debian dependencies are fixed. smile

#4 2018-07-07 19:49

Dai_trying

I have just created an installer for the new version of my update notifier and ran into a small problem and thought I should post to let you know.

When running the esh creator script

dash /program_files/q4os-devpack/bin/create_q4app_setup.sh installer.cfg

I kept getting errors about checkinstall not being found, after looking on packages.debian.org I found the package was missing from Buster (Centaurus) meaning I could not create the .deb file.

I followed the instructions on the debian wiki to create a backport from the unstable source and in no time at all I had a package I could install and everything worked as it should. I do realise that I could have rebooted into Scorpion (or run a VM) to create the installer but wanted to keep working in Centaurus and so found this workaround, it might be useful for anyone else wanting to test Centaurus.

#5 2018-07-08 09:58

q4osteam
Q4OS Team
Website

Yes, we will take a look on this, thanks for reporting

#6 2018-09-25 23:41

q4osteam
Q4OS Team
Website

There is a new Development pack release '3.1.1-a1' compiled specifically for Q4OS Centaurus available, with all dependencies satisfied now. The 'checkinstall' package is embedded in the installer. Note, this dedicated installer will not install on Q4OS-2 Scorpion.

You can download the installer from here:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/q4os/f … h/download

#7 2018-09-26 00:27

Dai_trying

Installing as I type, Thank you smile

Board footer